Grimoires - Do skills stack?

#1JarickoPosted 11/8/2013 1:20:10 AM
If I give a character a grimoire with a skill they already have do the skills from the grimoire and the skill tree both stack up? This has had me curious for a while not whether or not stuff like spear mastery does anything on my highlander, so far i have been giving a bunch of spear skills to requna including that skill that makes her randomly counter attack. I also have her wielding a spear, which may or may not be a good idea. ( could have had her wielding that reaper sword for a bit but it was expensive and i have her with that one spear move that sacrifices the party health to her enemies which is not entirely in the spirit of things for her, i do like to do on some lesser problem swarms of enemies. )

Suffice to say from this I am probably playing like a noob but i am just kinda winging it and learning as i go. Would probably help to know on this question though.
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "
#2MachachanPosted 11/8/2013 1:41:14 AM
Usually: No. Very few skills are exceptions.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/709464-etrian-odyssey-untold-the-millenium-girl/67442666

See here.
#3Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 1:49:31 AM
Interesting enough. Might have to grab some spear mastery stuff then.
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "
#4Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 5:01:11 AM
You don't suppose someone could give me a quick opinion on how my guys are setup? I have not started stacking just yet but here is what i currently have going.

Kal ( My Highlander )
Strike Up Perfect
En Garde 3
High Caliber

Requna
ATK up 3
Spear mastery 3
Blood Lust 5

Arthur
Poison Dust Perfect
Heal Mastery 7
Revive
It also allows him to use shields I think. ( I am considering dropping revive if i find something like a party heal just so he has that option. )

Frederica
Silver Fang Perfect ( not really sure if i should hold onto this or not, seems like a waste to drop )
HP Up 2
Focus 2

Simon
Formula Mastery 2
Fire Formula 4
Spark Formula
I feel like this one might need the most work but no luck so far. It does allow him to fight though. He also has Max TP in skills and I have started on focus for him and Arthur.

I have just finished up the second area of the ruins in the story.
---