Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu 2 (Etrian Odyssey 2 Remake) Trailer

#1YokoPosted 8/5/2014 2:40:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmnxfgXsZHc

The trailer for the newest game.
---
The proof that we're alive is that we endure hardships, suffering and joy...
http://wyv.dyndns.org/gradiusTemplate/upload.php?page=1 Nice JP Gradius site.
#2Majora777Posted 8/5/2014 2:58:58 AM
Hmm... Another story mode which seems pretty okay.

On the one hand I'm happy because it means they'll be something to grip newcomers... On the other hand... Another forced party incoming.
---
5086-2225-7346
#3DesespkmaniacoPosted 8/5/2014 3:24:12 AM
Oh, damnit, have they learned NOTHING?
It's aggravating: forced male MC with a brand new class, main girl with a class borrowed from the next game and then two males and one female to round up the party, almost surely without the option to switch party members.
They just copied what they did in Untold verbatim, it's aggravating.
Will we again go with that borked story/classic system without remade portraits and all the s*** that came with it?
And there I had high hopes because they teased it as "2DX". DX my...
#4ZellossPosted 8/5/2014 3:34:46 AM(edited)
It's worth noting, the official website still has two pages that are "Nobody knows the D/X", one for each letter, and they resemble the original teaser page - so quite possibly there's some significant news that hasn't been announced yet. Either separate games or significant features of the game they're adding.

The big aggravation of Story Mode wasn't that it existed, honestly - it was that a lot of content was Story Only (whether unlocking classes [Highlander/Gunner] or the actual new areas added to the game [Glastheim] being unaccessible). If they learn from that it'll be much better, I think.
---
The best rating is your own. I don't base my choice on other peoples views - Samus1
#5Emmy_AltavaPosted 8/5/2014 3:52:26 AM
Princess, Survivalist, Protector, War Magus, and Highlander. At least it's more interesting than EOU's Story Party?

Hopefully they rectify the problems with EOU's Story Mode to make it as great a game as it rightfully should be. EOU could've been the best, yet it had too many small flaws... but most of these could be easily fixed.

And if nothing else, the EO2 Labyrinth is my favorite so it might still surpass the game on that basis.
#6KebladekingPosted 8/5/2014 3:54:42 AM
As a total new comer to series Im really happy to see more Etrian games on 3DS. Untold was a total gamble for me, but Im having a blast now. I was thinking whether to wait for remake of 2 or grab 4. Now I know Ill wait for 2 for sure and grab 4 later unless there will be some remake.
#7ZellossPosted 8/5/2014 3:56:55 AM
Kebladeking posted...
As a total new comer to series Im really happy to see more Etrian games on 3DS. Untold was a total gamble for me, but Im having a blast now. I was thinking whether to wait for remake of 2 or grab 4. Now I know Ill wait for 2 for sure and grab 4 later unless there will be some remake.

Get 4. 2 won't be out for a while in english; also 4 is really damn good and probably won't be remade since it's running on the new engine anyway.

Also 2's labyrinth was amazing, yeah - I just realised this means the fourth stratum's going to be remade and if you don't think that place was the most beautiful location in the series we're going to have to fight over it.
---
The best rating is your own. I don't base my choice on other peoples views - Samus1
#8KebladekingPosted 8/5/2014 4:08:43 AM
I still have 60% of KH DDD left and 20% of MH 3U left so I have time to wait. But if Ill beat those and still have time for other 3DS game ill grab 4. Thanks for hint, Zelloss.
#9Emmy_AltavaPosted 8/5/2014 4:09:04 AM
Zelloss posted...
if you don't think that place was the most beautiful location in the series we're going to have to fight over it.

Second place to Porcelain Forest. For now, at least. Remakes might change that.

But in general, I find most of EO2's strata pretty above-average for the series... except the fifth. Never liked its fifth stratum, especially compared to the other three which are amazing.
#10Flame552Posted 8/5/2014 4:12:21 AM
Emmy_Altava posted...
Princess, Survivalist, Protector, War Magus, and Highlander. At least it's more interesting than EOU's Story Party?

Hopefully they rectify the problems with EOU's Story Mode to make it as great a game as it rightfully should be. EOU could've been the best, yet it had too many small flaws... but most of these could be easily fixed.

And if nothing else, the EO2 Labyrinth is my favorite so it might still surpass the game on that basis.

Oooohhh. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what in the world those classes were.

I think I'll sit out on the story mode this time and hope for a revamped Beast class in classic mode.

Here's to Guild Esbat having a greater presence in the story, though.