bounty-showdown with high card question

#1thannossPosted 5/20/2013 6:16:31 AM
This is the last bounty I need to unlock the Glados bounty tournament. Does anyone have any advice? Right now there are three players left in tournament. Are the odds better with only one opponent? When I have an ace or king I just call or check. I dont raise because I don't want them to fold. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
#2KharmicJusticePosted 5/21/2013 7:53:19 PM
Typically, yes, the less players left, the more likely you can win with just a high card. Basic probabilities state that each additional player increases the odds exponentially of another player having at least a pair to beat you with. Additionally, if you're chip leader, with one player left, they typically go all in every other hand, so showdowns are more frequent there.

Good luck with that bounty challenge. I'm fortunate to not have that one for the final bounty challenge. INSTEAD, I have to win a tournament without going under 10k in chips. I have no idea if going all in and winning counts as going under 10k temporarily,or just being more than 10k at the end of every hand...
#3thannoss(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 6:43:30 AM
Thanks for help. I can tell you that I had that one too. I had gone all in and it does not count against you;well as long as you don't lose. I had win 2 back to back tournaments,don't go below 10k and this stupid high card only win for my present set of challenges. I swear the game is trying to help me win but not the way I need. I get ace king and I keep getting at least a pair by end. I even had full house aces over kings.Normally I would be happy,but it doesn't help the challenge.