is zhu rong a gift to americans?

#1lolamericansPosted 6/3/2013 6:18:05 PM
kinda like how the doa devs said lisa is their "gift" to americans?
#2TenzhiPosted 6/4/2013 1:52:22 AM
I don't see how Lisa is a "gift to Americans", much less how Zhu Rong could be. All I can say is that I am glad Zhu Rong is back to using her boomerang.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#3Yoshikun-Posted 6/6/2013 9:07:23 PM
I don't get it. How is she a gift to Americans?
---
The Official "Ichiban no Shiritsu Tantei" Of Every Board
#4lolamericans(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 10:20:49 AM
the dead or alive developers said lisa (the only black girl) is their gift to americans
#5TenzhiPosted 6/9/2013 3:48:31 PM
lolamericans posted...
the dead or alive developers said lisa (the only black girl) is their gift to americans

An odd statement to make, but in any case Zhu Rong is a character from an ancient Chinese novel who is from the Nanman tribes. The Nanman tribes comprised a diverse range of ethnic groups, some of whom can be pretty dark-skinned. And both Zhu Rong and her husband Meng Huo have had skin tone of varying duskiness throughout the game series (which has been around since before Koei was purchased by/merged with Tecmo). So putting aside the bizarre (and potentially insulting) association of dark-skinned girls as gifts to Americans, unless China was cultivating this "gift" to us hundreds of years before the United States even existed I doubt it could be said she's a gift to us.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#6lolamericans(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 8:09:04 PM
wasnt zhu rong white in kessen?
#7TenzhiPosted 6/10/2013 1:06:50 AM
lolamericans posted...
wasnt zhu rong white in kessen?

I don't recall playing it, but judging from the character pics at koeiwarriors it seems likely. Maybe she was a gift to the French in that game.
---
#8Fear_AwakensPosted 6/10/2013 2:04:52 PM
I don't see how Lisa was a gift to Americans. I didn't know she was black, though. I always thought she was supposed to be Hispanic because she had the Mexican wrestler fighting style. Guess I was wrong, but I would have figured if anybody was supposed to be a 'gift' to Americans, it would have been Tina Armstrong. You know, the stereotypical large-breasted blonde that has an odd aversion to clothing that was actually listed as an American? I would have thought she would have been the gift to Americans, not Lisa. Who pretty much everybody I know hates. Probably because her character is an evil scientist who moonlights as a Luchadora, and her victory quotes are either super annoying or deliberately insulting. Even when I'm the one playing her, I think 'God, you're annoying.' I actually almost thought about unchecking her in the 'Random Character' options.

Anywho, how many veins in my forehead pop when I see Lisa in the game isn't important. This is about Zhu Rong, right?

No, considering Zhu Rong is historically based off of an existing person and that she has the same color scheme as the rest of the Nanman character models, I don't really see how she could be a gift to Americans. She was around long before the merge, so it wouldn't be a Tecmo idea, and she really hasn't changed all that much. I don't see how she could be a gift to anybody. Now, if they suddenly decided to put G.I. Joe, Duke Nukem, Commander Shepard or Master Chief in a DW game, we might see how they could have been gifts to what the Japanese typically think of as an American man's interests. But I don't see Zhu Rong as a gift, no.
---
"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness." - Masamune Date
#9Terry-bogardPosted 6/25/2013 9:16:39 AM
lolamericans posted...

http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/File:Lisa.jpg

Americans need to stop seeing black people everywhere.... This is getting ridiculous.
---
Videogame cancer : Perpetual easy mode (AKA USA syndrome), word "main" in fighting games.
#10TigerBIoodPosted 6/26/2013 11:36:11 AM
being a huge doa fan and american. I can say lisa is not black...or even care what race she is to begin with

plus they lightened her up in the newest installment

jann lee ftw