First DLC : Bowangpo + horse

#1TheDebaucheryPosted 8/11/2013 1:51:36 AM
Just thought I'd mention a few things, since there seems to be somewhat of a lack of threads on this subject... AND I'd heard that only us folks in Europe had the DLC or something weird like that.

The first extra Stage DLC provides 3 variant battles on one battlefield ... i.e. Bowangpo ...

The 3rd variant of the battle allows you to get the Storm Rider horse.... though it isn't necessarily obvious what to do to get it (took me 2 tries).
The mission consists mostly of sitting around in front of a castle, protecting Liu Shan from marauding Wu officers. THING IS... part way through the battle, a small group of Wei guys shows up.... and someone makes a comment about Cao Cao having a nice horse. At that point, you pretty much make a beeline to where Cao Cao is (he leaves if you don't track him down and kill him soon enough) .... and kill him to get the Storm Rider (or whatever it was) horse.

As for the horse itself.... it isn't that fast, and looks kinda ugly.... but the bonuses are all designed to help loot-farming. In other words, the horse gives a boost to item-drops, gold and stuff...
Plus of course it serves as a decent stand-in mount while one is pratting around in endless Ambition Mode consecutive missions to try and unlock Red Hare.

... Oh yeah... plus there is a bunch of DW3 music in the DLC as well. But that didn't really interest me. Most of my favourite music tracks were the ones from DW6 ... and I already had A Great Giant playing in the Wu Alternative ending semi-final battle... Takes me back to the fun time I had farming for weapons and horses on Hefei Castle Chaos-Diff in DW6... ^_^
NOSTALGIAAAAA ...

Ok. All done being whimsical now.
#2TenzhiPosted 8/11/2013 2:58:56 AM
I reckon it came up a week or two ago here in the US, so it ain't just available to y'all in Europe. It didn't sound worth picking up to me, but it's certainly a better deal than that 160 point BGM pack.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#3ILuvKnivesPosted 8/11/2013 10:47:14 AM
Really? I didn't know we DW8 U.S. players got more DLC besides the BGM. I wish Koei would give us the extra costumes already or the extra skins for the 5th weapons! (>.<)
---
If playing X-Box 360 was a full-time job, I'd be having overtime everyday. (^_^)
#4lunarswordPosted 8/12/2013 2:59:11 PM
I just wish for Japanese voices
---
"This is all me. This is ALL ME!"
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#5TheDebauchery(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 3:26:54 PM
lunarsword posted...
I just wish for Japanese voices

That would be a priority for myself also.
Though I wouldn't mind the Strikeforce and equivalent costumes I had for WO3. A few of those had a certain appeal.
#6ILuvKnivesPosted 8/12/2013 3:36:32 PM
I've always liked the DW3 character selection theme. As for the 3rd Bowangpo stage, I was actually able to farm a lot of good weapons. :-)
---
If playing X-Box 360 was a full-time job, I'd be having overtime everyday. (^_^)
#7TheDebauchery(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 9:39:26 AM
ILuvKnives posted...
I've always liked the DW3 character selection theme. As for the 3rd Bowangpo stage, I was actually able to farm a lot of good weapons. :-)

I haven't bothered farming weapons since I got the blacksmith maxed out in Ambition mode. I just do the special weapon thing until I run out of money, set the ones I don't want back, keep repeating until I use up all my funds and don't have any more weapons to sell............ then go farm for cash instead.
#8ILuvKnivesPosted 8/13/2013 4:36:23 PM
TheDebauchery posted...
ILuvKnives posted...

I haven't bothered farming weapons since I got the blacksmith maxed out in Ambition mode. I just do the special weapon thing until I run out of money, set the ones I don't want back, keep repeating until I use up all my funds and don't have any more weapons to sell............ then go farm for cash instead.

And just exactly how do you farm for Gold? (o_0) Just curious. Heh heh.
---
#9TheDebauchery(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 5:06:06 PM
ILuvKnives posted...
And just exactly how do you farm for Gold? (o_0) Just curious. Heh heh.

Yuanji. Skirmish runs on Chaos ...
#10ILuvKnivesPosted 8/13/2013 5:08:07 PM
Ahh, that's easy then. :-) Didn't realize that. Heh heh. Do you equip Fortune Hunter also or have Storm Runner/Harrier as your animal?
---