Character you miss from a previous DW?

#1lunarswordPosted 8/21/2013 6:12:56 PM
Nu Wa from DW3 for me. Her style was a perfect mix of elegance, power, and skill. The fact her final weapon had the Death element (nothing beat purple lightning) just was the icing on the cake...and her looks helped too. I know she has appeared in two other titles (tempted to get WO3 just because she's in it), but DW3 was the one I personally recall.
---
"This is all me. This is ALL ME!"
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#2RydainPosted 8/21/2013 6:18:06 PM
DW4/DW5/WO Cao Ren, the shield for the innocent who was all about protecting his men, minimizing collateral damage, and otherwise finding a sense of do least harm ethics within the necessary evil of warfare. Now he's yet another keyword-based schtick. What a waste of one of the first characters to come off as more human than avatar.
---
~ http://rydain.dreamwidth.org/ ~
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." -Willy Wonka
#3TheDebaucheryPosted 8/21/2013 6:18:45 PM
lunarsword posted...
Nu Wa from DW3 for me. Her style was a perfect mix of elegance, power, and skill. The fact her final weapon had the Death element (nothing beat purple lightning) just was the icing on the cake...and her looks helped too. I know she has appeared in two other titles (tempted to get WO3 just because she's in it), but DW3 was the one I personally recall.

Oh THAT overrated slag.

Yeah... everyone loves her over on the Warriors Orochi 3 board.... but she is just overrated. Her moveset has a really weird range that makes it awkward as hell to use. Most people just loved her because her special had element-triggers, which meant it could be spammed endlessly with an Osmosis weapon. And of course because I didn't see the appeal, their endless fan-fapping just annoyed me and made me hate her.

Anyway... so far as I'm aware, DW8 has all the DW characters I've ever known in it..... I don't associate any of the "celestials" with the Dynasty Warriors games ... except Zuo Ci.
#4Fear_AwakensPosted 8/22/2013 10:05:56 AM
DW5 Guan Ping, best moveset ever... and Fu Xi deserves another run at things.

Nu Wa in WO3... I didn't like her in other DW games, but her moveset is just odd. Don't like the short range, don't like the nonexistent damage... but if Fu Xi came back, then Nu Wa would come back, too. They're a package deal.

Every other DW character from previous DWs has come back, with the exception of Nobunaga, who has his own game in SW now.
Apparently, Sun Wukong counts as a DW character, though, because he got a Strikeforce DLC appearance in WO3. He could always be a nice bonus.
---
Bring back Guan Ping's DW5 Zanbato. Make it DLC or Ping's new EX weapon, I don't care. Just bring it back.
#5TaterzzPosted 8/22/2013 2:24:15 PM
kinda wish they brought back the DW3 Fu Xi and Nu Wa, not their WO incarnations. it was fun running around the battlefield as a common looking person and just utterly wrecking face. was really hoping WO would give them their DW3 costumes, but no they never did.
---
You just lost the game.
#6Teabag_11Posted 9/1/2013 4:14:51 PM
DW4 and 5 Pang Tong. I loved using him in DW5 especially, nowadays he's a little bit eh. Still easily my favorite character in Shu, probably second favorite overall because Zhou Tai is a boss. He just isn't quite as good as he used to be.
---
Deez Nuts
"I believe it was Socrates who once stated: 'Blessed are the tea-baggers, for they are truly pwning.'"
#7wrestlermanPosted 9/15/2013 3:01:37 PM
Teabag_11 posted...
DW4 and 5 Pang Tong. I loved using him in DW5 especially, nowadays he's a little bit eh. Still easily my favorite character in Shu, probably second favorite overall because Zhou Tai is a boss. He just isn't quite as good as he used to be.

Pang Tong was my favorite in DW4. I don't even really like using him in this one.
---
I have had this sig. since October 29th, 2004
#8TsurukePosted 9/17/2013 10:59:37 AM
DW 5 Ling Tong
DW 3-5 Zhou Yu (Dat Elder Sword)
DW 3-5 Gan Ning (Dat River Master Musou).
DW 3 Fu Xi (though he is in WO and the same just a more mystic/cooler look).

Was going to say DW 5 Zuo Ci but they brought him back.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of a filthy casual]