So where's the rest of the dlc?

#1BloodyAuraPosted 8/22/2013 8:09:15 PM
The other maps/stages, the costume packs? I've seen the koei wiki site, and in Japan they've had a BUNCH of dlc for a long time now, even after this game came overseas, all we get in the west is one map and (all together) four songs? I don't get it, if the dlc is already done, what's the hold up?
#2frengkystPosted 8/22/2013 8:31:45 PM
Yes. Koei should releases all DLC from the first week.
#3WandrianPosted 8/23/2013 1:13:45 AM
More is due out Tuesday.

As I understand, it's a bit tougher for the localization staff this time. DW8 looks to be more significantly different between both consoles, not to mention there isn't a 360 version in Japan at all. It's not just being localized, it's be recoded and edited to function on a console it wasn't originally meant for.

We should be happy we're getting any at all.
#4BloodyAura(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 12:22:25 PM
Wandrian posted...
More is due out Tuesday.

As I understand, it's a bit tougher for the localization staff this time. DW8 looks to be more significantly different between both consoles, not to mention there isn't a 360 version in Japan at all. It's not just being localized, it's be recoded and edited to function on a console it wasn't originally meant for.

We should be happy we're getting any at all.

Is that true, they have to recode it all? I did not know that, I didn't mean to come across as an ungrateful person, I'm just saying, it IS taking them a long time considering. And I AM grateful that we even got the game to begin with! Very much so, it's just that, as a fact, in Japan, they loath the 360 so, I felt like they're deliberately being slow cause they just don't care.
However, it seems like when games get localized outside out Japan, they automatically include the 360; since in the west we still care for it- I'm sincerely hoping that we get Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate,too- but I doubt we will.
#5BurningFlareXPosted 8/24/2013 12:13:08 AM
I hope we get the Japanese voices next week.
---
I....I need....a hug...
#6EvilJawa_XBLPosted 8/24/2013 1:20:09 AM
There's a pack with the first two BGMs and one map.
I hope for packs with more content than that later.
---
3DS FC: 2921-9478-0342
XBL GT: EvilJawa
#7InfamousCarlPosted 8/27/2013 5:12:20 PM
So today was another stage, animal, BGM, and wallpaper?
#8ZignoffPosted 8/29/2013 10:06:34 PM
Personally I want the weapons the ASAP.
---
Here comes a New Web Comic for gamers, BY a gamer, Critique is welcomed as long as you are positive about it.
http://hatetheplayer.thewebcomic.com/
#9Dark SymphonyPosted 9/8/2013 12:27:33 PM
I don't know what magic code Koei is using.

When it comes to porting things from different versions on my PC it seems it's just a matter of moving it to where it needs to go. It's kind of funny how things like costumes constantly need to be "recoded" when it also just happens to mean a price tag could be tacked onto it. Every program I've worked with usually has this thing called "compatibility."

I could understand, say, the DW3 outfits in DW7. But they are recoding some of these outfits for the THIRD time. From a technical standpoint DW7E is just as much of a deviation from DW7 as DW8 (again, TECHNICALLY speaking not aesthetically). So I don't know why all this content can't carry over.
#10Korbel_MassacrePosted 9/9/2013 1:15:38 PM
Really dont understand how its so hard to take preexisting content theyve made DW3-DW7 and just rerelease it into the new games... Would really like to see Tactics costumes , especially Tactics LuBu ( like in DW3XL) Especially since i know it exists, why cant they just carry it over.