consecutive battles

#1smazei37Posted 9/13/2013 12:34:17 PM
so i'm trying to get Red Hare adn this seems a dumb question, but do i need to play "next battle" and get up to ninety in a row, i have a level 50 zhout tai, and while i'm not dying, it takes me like two full minutes of chopping away at the boss in the materials missions to kill them, do i have to do it all at once, or can i save, leave to the town and come back and do more, please help me clarify this
#2smazei37(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 12:45:19 PM
i also wanted to clarify, can i hit save, go leave and level up zhou tai in free mode and come back and resume where i left off in ambition without upsetting it, like i said, it's not that he is dying, i have good defense, but pounding away at an officer with the additional officer damage skill equipped adn his fourth weapon is tedious
#3rincewind1990Posted 9/13/2013 3:10:44 PM
Yes you can save and quit and play the story/free mode as much as you want but you can not return to town. Doing so will break your streak so simply save between battles if you want to do something else.

As a side note if your objective is just to get Red Hare I have heard that you can do 30 battles, quit to town and repeat as every 30 battles will unlock a horse (Shadow Runner, Hex Mark and then Red Hare) but I can't say if this is true as I did it all in one run.

However if you want the Animal Collector achievement or if you just want to unlock the War Elephant you have to do 100 battles consecutively anyway so you might as well knock them out at the same time, just make sure you have space in your animal inventory.
#4TalynRahlPosted 9/13/2013 7:24:05 PM
tbh if you're JUST going after red hare do what I did...

step 1: Make sure you've unlocked all characters in Ambition mode, they duels every third stage are frakkin long.
step 2: ONLY do Material battles, they're by far the easiest, clear path to the boss, don't even need to get off your horse.
step 3: play on beginner :p, seriously I wapped the whole thing out in about an hour, my average battle time was something like 30 seconds and my fastest was 13 seconds, would have been 10 but I got there and the boss didn't spawn for a couple of seconds :p.
#5dreikePosted 9/29/2013 2:28:07 AM
TalynRahl posted...
tbh if you're JUST going after red hare do what I did...

step 1: Make sure you've unlocked all characters in Ambition mode, they duels every third stage are frakkin long.
step 2: ONLY do Material battles, they're by far the easiest, clear path to the boss, don't even need to get off your horse.
step 3: play on beginner :p, seriously I wapped the whole thing out in about an hour, my average battle time was something like 30 seconds and my fastest was 13 seconds, would have been 10 but I got there and the boss didn't spawn for a couple of seconds :p.

On easy mode, the enemies have shorter health bars :)

And don't forget to save every 10 battles or so.
Otherwise there's a glitch where your character gets stuck in the box and the screen goes white...
#6TalynRahlPosted 9/29/2013 8:07:31 PM
dreike posted...
On easy mode, the enemies have shorter health bars :)

health bars are shorter on easy than beginner? why :p?

and tbh put it on either and with a 1/2 leveled character you'll one shot everything.