Character with no weapon equipped-game crashes when selected

#1SilvexBPosted 10/3/2013 3:38:23 PM
Hello, I don't know if anybody else has encountered this, but for some odd reason, one of my characters; Guan Yinping has no weapon equipped in her first slot. I have no idea how this happened, but whenever I try to equip a weapon or use her in a battle, the game locks up.

This is rather annoying, as her fifth weapon happens to be the last weapon I need for Weapon Collector, which is the last achievement I need.

Anyone know if there is a fix to this or do I have to completely restart from scratch?
#2TenzhiPosted 10/3/2013 9:23:26 PM
Do you have any of her weapon in inventory? If not, I'd say try buying one - which you could do with any character.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#3SilvexB(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 1:35:35 PM
Yeah, in her second slot she has a level 4 dual headed mace. Buying a weapon doesn's fill the slot either.
#4redbeardnjPosted 10/5/2013 6:02:06 AM
Ok I had the same problem. No weapon in first slot makes game freeze.

I have a fix.what I did was reset the caharacter to level 1. Then goto free mode and select character.now here's the tricky part. Put the cursor on equip weapons then spam the hell out of the A button. If u hit it fast enough then u will be able to equip a weapon.

This worked for me but it might take a couple tries since it freezes.also I have my game installed to hard drive.

Good luck
#5SilvexB(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 11:04:32 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6redbeardnjPosted 10/7/2013 6:58:39 AM
Also u may not need to reset character to level one.thats just what I did.

I noticed that on free mode when I hit the weapon equip button theres was a slight delay before the game froze.about one second. So I was able to back out real fast and stop the game from freezing.

Thats when i realized that if i hit the button fast enough, you can bybass the part that freezes and continue to the weapon list.then you can equip a weapon.

I hope this wasn't unique to me and will work for you.
#7SilvexB(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 2:53:33 PM
Strange, for me it just freezes instantly when I hit equip weapon or attempt to check elements.
#8redbeardnjPosted 10/25/2013 6:04:16 PM
I have the game installed to the hard drive also.

But that sucks u can't get it to work. Have u tried hitting the button super fast on the screen that doesn't freeze? ( the screen before the one that freezes)

Keep trying. If u hit fast enough it should bypass the equip screen.