Well, that's a record in how fast I've uninstalled a game.

#1thebestestbestPosted 1/15/2014 9:21:45 PM
Heavy RNG + Pay 2 win mechanics

I prefer my games to be competitive.
#2Stefan1277Posted 1/15/2014 9:25:58 PM
Too dependent on Luck, RNG screws you over and it's all true and people know this....

But.

*hands a flame shield*

They'll eat you alive without this. It's easier to convert someone from an opposite religions than making a gamer see why the game they like is flawed.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#3BiglabronPosted 1/15/2014 9:38:16 PM
Well to be fair it is a card game.

did you really expect zero roll mechanics?
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#4thebestestbest(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 9:40:07 PM
Biglabron posted...
Well to be fair it is a card game.

did you really expect zero roll mechanics?

They clearly didn't even try to reduce RNG.
#5ToashenPosted 1/15/2014 9:43:19 PM
the less people on financial aid playing this, the better, bugger off you peasant
#6thebestestbest(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 9:45:44 PM
Toashen posted...
the less people on financial aid playing this, the better, bugger off you peasant

Excellent defense of the game.

I suppose this is the level of reasoning I can expect from someone who would actually care about this game.
#7XtraTPosted 1/15/2014 9:46:32 PM
yeah I'm sticking to poker, not RNG dependent card game
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#8thebestestbest(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 9:49:30 PM
XtraT posted...

1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_tradition
2: Even if you had actually presented an argument in favor of hearthstone, and not just some stupid appeal to tradition, poker does a much better job of minimizing RNG compared to this game.
#9Meta_BitPosted 1/15/2014 9:58:16 PM(edited)
thebestestbest posted...
XtraT posted...

1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_tradition
2: Even if you had actually presented an argument in favor of hearthstone, and not just some stupid appeal to tradition, poker does a much better job of minimizing RNG compared to this game.

Why don't you actually present some numbers on why hearthstone is supposedly "heavy" randomization? The point being made in the topic is that it is a card game so randomization is going to always be a component. I can't really think of many card games that don't have randomization .

There are plenty of cards that don't have RNG effects so not sure what you are complaining about. I thought I remember seeing around 30ish cards with RNG effects.

Also, card games that aren't software based didn't really have a means besides dice to introduce RNG so maybe it is a novelty they are trying to make part of their game?
---
---
#10ShadyDudePosted 1/15/2014 9:57:56 PM
yeah honestly ur not being very smart.. there's not a huge RNG factor in this game

it's present with SOME cards , but get real..