How would you feel about being limited to 1 legendary per deck?

#11ZkkPosted 5/7/2014 4:28:49 PM(edited)
What's the class that simply won't work without legendaries if I may ask?

Oh, and to give my two cents on the question too: It's an insanely bad idea that's suggested every day by some F2P guy who can't break out of rank 15 "cuz legendaries 2 gud". Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's just what this is. All this sort of change would do is limit deck variety and make the game more boring (and even more aggro). And what's the point of collecting cards you couldn't even fit into a deck because the game tells you there can only be one? Situational legendaries like Harrison Jones would never be used again for obvious reasons. Fun but ultimately not that good legendaries would suffer the same fate, like Mukla and Nozdormu. A paladin would just always have Tirion no matter what his deck was like, because it's the best legendary in the game, except when people know it's the only serious threat in the deck and could just save removal for it. There are so many hundreds of reasons why this is a bad suggestion that I don't think I even need to go on.
#12Cloud712Posted 5/7/2014 4:32:32 PM
I wouldn't mind a "max X dust" category. It would make people have to come up with more unique decks. Kind of like how Magic has different categories for their tournaments.
#13BlaeuPosted 5/7/2014 4:41:05 PM
As it stands now, there should be no restriction. There is a very limited amount of cards so the number of possible decks is pretty small compared to other card games. If anything, I think they should reduce to cost of crafting a Legendary to 1000.

I like the concept of "total dust limit" being the restricting feature, however the difference in cost from even an Epic to a Legendary is so large that they really couldn't implement a meaningful restriction.
---
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw
#14DartkunPosted 5/7/2014 4:53:06 PM
KOBOLD GEOMANCER IS BACK BABY!

lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/PUVNqBo.jpg
#15UnrivaledKoopaPosted 5/7/2014 4:53:18 PM
Pretty much any one of these restrictions are silly, especially considering that cheap decks can do just as well in the meta as expensive decks.

Legendary cards aren't overpowered cards. They're cards with a gimmick. They're either over-budget with a serious drawback, or under-budget with an interesting effect. If you have a deck with nothing but Legendary cards, you're almost certainly going to lose.
---
I never wanted to be a serial killer, anyway.
I wanted to be... a LUMBERJACK! - Dexter Morgan
#16CheckmateD1Posted 5/7/2014 4:56:05 PM
Selite posted...
You'd see a lot less legendaries imo

Are you sure about that?
---
http://i.imgur.com/SEpXndX.jpg http://i.imgur.com/igjWFez.png?1
http://i.imgur.com/Bw3H1tD.gif http://i.imgur.com/dBwIVFm.gif
#17DartkunPosted 5/7/2014 4:56:51 PM
UnrivaledKoopa posted...
If you have a deck with nothing but Legendary cards, you're almost certainly going to lose.

I don't understand this reasoning

"A group in WoW needs a tank"

"IF TANKS ARE SO IMPORTANT, WHY DOES A GROUP OF ONLY TANKS FAIL, GOTCHA"

No one says a deck of PURE Legendary cards will win. That doesn't mean having 1 or 2 Legendary cards is superior to 0.

Fallacy after fallacy on this board.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PUVNqBo.jpg
#18thedeadman568(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 5:01:16 PM
Zkk posted...
What's the class that simply won't work without legendaries if I may ask?

Oh, and to give my two cents on the question too: It's an insanely bad idea that's suggested every day by some F2P guy who can't break out of rank 15 "cuz legendaries 2 gud". Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's just what this is. All this sort of change would do is limit deck variety and make the game more boring (and even more aggro). And what's the point of collecting cards you couldn't even fit into a deck because the game tells you there can only be one? Situational legendaries like Harrison Jones would never be used again for obvious reasons. Fun but ultimately not that good legendaries would suffer the same fate, like Mukla and Nozdormu. A paladin would just always have Tirion no matter what his deck was like, because it's the best legendary in the game, except when people know it's the only serious threat in the deck and could just save removal for it. There are so many hundreds of reasons why this is a bad suggestion that I don't think I even need to go on.

Yeah this isn't about me not being able to deal with legendarys.
I just think they way legendaries are handled is wrong.
I'm not sure if you even read my post, I suggested buffing/changing legendarys to make other choices more viable.

As it stands now, you just throw some in, whether they fit the theme of the deck or not, just because they are too powerful not to have. That's just not interesting at all.
Maybe this problem will also be solved by coming expansions but I'd hate to have to wait 2 years(just guesstimating off course) until there is enough variety.

The fact that it would help players who don't have all legendaries still be competitive is also in no way a bad thing. Disagreeing with that is like thinking universal healthcare is a bad thing.
---
do what a man would and show of your manhood
#19UnrivaledKoopaPosted 5/7/2014 5:05:36 PM
Dartkun posted...
UnrivaledKoopa posted...
If you have a deck with nothing but Legendary cards, you're almost certainly going to lose.

I don't understand this reasoning

"A group in WoW needs a tank"

"IF TANKS ARE SO IMPORTANT, WHY DOES A GROUP OF ONLY TANKS FAIL, GOTCHA"

No one says a deck of PURE Legendary cards will win. That doesn't mean having 1 or 2 Legendary cards is superior to 0.

Fallacy after fallacy on this board.

The point is that Legendary cards aren't better than regular cards. Rarity has nothing to do with card quality. People complaining about the number of Legendary cards they're up against are just looking for a reason why they're losing other than that they're just not that good. You can build a Zoo deck for free in like, a day, that people have gotten to Legend rank.
---
I never wanted to be a serial killer, anyway.
I wanted to be... a LUMBERJACK! - Dexter Morgan
#20soggytoast11Posted 5/7/2014 5:31:08 PM
Terrible idea. Once you get 1600 dust you're basically done with your deck. Limit to one legendary means that one legendary is all you need in your entire collection.