anyone else hate it when you build a deck in arena and it looks like a winner...

#1Ivany2008Posted 5/16/2014 10:56:54 PM
but then you go 0-3? I..... don't know what it is. I thought I had built a solid hunter deck for arena, and at the start it looks like I have a really good chance at winning. I mean I knocked them down to about 15 health in 4 turns before they even hit me once, but as soon as they hit me I got knocked down to 0 in like 2 turns.

just bad luck I guess....
#2LightHawKnightPosted 5/16/2014 11:03:47 PM
Overconfidence leads to your downfall. You play worse when you think you can't lose. When you think you can't win, you think of all the possibilities!
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#3taketheshoeoffPosted 5/16/2014 11:03:59 PM
just bad play I guess...
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a schizoid or closet case]
#4Ivany2008(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 11:16:23 PM
I don't know.... I was thinking I was going to win, then the druid I was playing busted out a Violet Tutor and an imp master, and somehow I was unable to keep up. He then threw deathrattle: treants onto them and made them impossible to kill.
#5mavlokPosted 5/17/2014 1:52:15 AM
I've been kicking butt left and right with decks I thought crap, and went 0-3 with ones I considered quite good. It's the luck of the draw.

Or I'm crap at judging decks.
---
'Life is a crap sandwich; the more bread you get the less crap you have to eat.'
#6ArkanaXPosted 5/17/2014 2:23:03 AM
Getting good cards is half the battle, the other half is knowing how to use them well.
#7sting__artPosted 5/17/2014 2:28:27 AM
You can also post your deck here, then we can take a look at it and tell you if the deck you thought was good is actually good.

As a bonus, you might learn a thing or two.
#8Ivany2008(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 6:16:09 PM(edited)
can't now, the deck is gone, but i might try and see the next time.
#9ZeekfoxPosted 5/18/2014 12:30:27 PM
I know when I tried Mage the first time, I simply didn't see any of the class-specific cards that are good, like Flamestrike and Polymorph. Ended up with only two wins, but I kinda expected that.

I decided that was just simply unfair and wanted to try Mage again, though I'm lacking in some of the smaller damage spells like Arcane Missiles and Frostbolt. Then, naturally, the Mage mirror involved someone playing Boulderfist Ogre, which made me try and get it to take some damage before casting Flamestrike, and it ended up just killing me anyway.

...now it looks like I'm gonna end up 0-2 thanks to the "floating card, turn never ends" glitch. I'm pretty sure this Warlock matchup is favorable to me, but that does me no good if the game freezes.
---
*swishes his red foxie tail*
Hearthstone- Zeekfox#1627. Still working on expanding the card pool to something decent.
#10RivenSokoPosted 5/18/2014 1:43:02 PM
I prefer it when you have the worst deck in the world and are tempted to instant retire, and then go get 6-7 wins! lol x)