More cards = more fun?

#1dejvahPosted 5/18/2014 3:35:32 AM
So, I have been playing for a little while, playing a couple of games a day and am currently at rank 17.
So far I haven't bought any cards or anything, running free decks that I got from a website. I'm having pretty fun, sometimes the game is really fun and addictive, and other times its a bit meh. I've been thinking about buying 40 card packs for a while now. I guess my question is, does more packs (and cards) equal more fun? How was/is it for you?
#2dejvah(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 3:42:31 AM
I'm thinking that maybe getting some more fun or complex cards, could make it a bit more fun to play and construct decks? Just something like Knife Juggler or Faceless Manipulator, I imagine could make things a bit more varied and fun?
#3Benjamin_ButtonPosted 5/18/2014 4:05:14 AM(edited)
Yes definitely. Do it.

More cards = more deck options = more playstyle options = more fun overall

Seriously, this game can be enjoyed without spending a dime, but you'll hit a wall no matter how much wizdomz you have. That f2p deck (realistically) aint gona get you anywhere worthwhile.

Let me tell you whats gona happen if u dont spend money and just grind (f2p): Assuming you play daily, you will do a few matches a day..mostly doing quests. Since youre extremely limited on cards, youre only sticking to that one (or two) class with a low rank f2p deck coz your other classes have no worthwhile decks to be efficient. You will win some, then you will lose some. Then once you get to the lower (which in this case, higher) ranks, you will lose more and more, then hit a wall when you get into consecutive matches with people like me who are loaded with legendaries in their deck.

(now im not saying dont go f2p, but assuming you do play daily and take advantage of the quest unlimited reroll bug, you can get at least 1 pack a day. Lets just say you average a more realistic, 2 packs per 3 days, so thats about 20 packs per month. It will take you about 2 months of playing constantly grinding, basically hitting a wall, and then finally have a decent amount of decks to choose from through all the packs youve earned...

VS..

You could spent $50 and get those 200 cards off the bat. You now instantly have easily a bunch more class/deck options not to mention maybe a few legendaries in your hand. Overall, you will be more viable for the tougher opponents than just being Mr.FreeWin. Because you're now viable and are more likely to win matches with better decks, you are earning gold at a faster rate. In about a month or a little over, you just got yourself 200 new cards buying packs with your gold winnings.

Which one sounds more fun? No need to be a f2p freewin hunter for long
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#4dejvah(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 5:43:18 AM
You just sold me. Well said. I'll definately buy a pack now! Thanks man.
#5redundanciesPosted 5/18/2014 7:54:38 AM
Then once you get to the lower (which in this case, higher) ranks, you will lose more and more, then hit a wall when you get into consecutive matches with people like me who are loaded with legendaries in their deck.

If he hits a wall, then he'll drop in rank or MMR and he'll find opponents more suited to his skill and card level. You don't have to buy any cards to keep a decent winrate.
#6Benjamin_ButtonPosted 5/18/2014 8:12:45 AM(edited)
redundancies posted...
Then once you get to the lower (which in this case, higher) ranks, you will lose more and more, then hit a wall when you get into consecutive matches with people like me who are loaded with legendaries in their deck.

If he hits a wall, then he'll drop in rank or MMR and he'll find opponents more suited to his skill and card level. You don't have to buy any cards to keep a decent winrate.

okay so his MMR & Rank will drop... he'll find opponents in lower ranks and win against them (optimistically), then his MMR or Rank will rise again, then will hit the wall again immediately.

If you're content in being stuck an low ranks, then by all means....

This game is only getting more and more popular, and more and more people are dropping real money to get the deck/card advantage.

Nobody is forcing you to spend money, but be prepared to possibly drop the game due to the slow boring grind.

dejvah posted...
You just sold me. Well said. I'll definately buy a pack now! Thanks man.

good luck. Fingers crossed for some legendaries!!

got me 3 on my first 40 pack.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#7redundanciesPosted 5/18/2014 11:16:51 AM

I don't see why it's a big deal to be in the higher ranks. You don't get anything for it, except the special card back for Legendary. I know I'm quite content to play in the lower ranks if it means I'm facing opponents who are more my speed.
#8DarkRavenMercPosted 5/18/2014 1:33:26 PM
redundancies posted...

I don't see why it's a big deal to be in the higher ranks. You don't get anything for it, except the special card back for Legendary. I know I'm quite content to play in the lower ranks if it means I'm facing opponents who are more my speed.

Thats where you face those meta decks instead of crappy decks with a ton of random legendaries!
---
Life would be unbearably dull if we had answers to all our questions.
#9AllHailDietmarPosted 5/18/2014 1:59:52 PM
I had amazing rng luck when I bought a 40 pack. I got 4 golden legendarys and and 6 regular ones. Before that all that gold grinding had only given me 1 legendary....Millhouse.