Good to know endless turn bug still exists. Great >_>

#11Frost_shock_FTWPosted 5/18/2014 9:25:41 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
You realize disconnecting has more to do with your internet connection rather than their servers, right? In the entirety of my playing, which has been about 4 ish months, I've run into this problem once, and that was before they fixed it.

No, the disconnections are almost entirely Blizzard's problem. If there is a temporary network hiccup anywhere from your house to their servers, which is almost certain to happen over a long enough period of time, they need to do a better job recovering. It's gotten a lot better recently, but it needs to reach a point where it is an extremely rare event.
---
Spongebob quote goes here. If you're seeing this, I'm on my phone.
Contacts in Profile
#12DignatoReRaisedPosted 5/18/2014 9:27:59 AM
If you close out the game as soon as you notice this happening and re-open it, you will reconnect to the game and everything will be working fine.

You might have lost a few turns however.
---
DON'T F*** WITH THE SENATOR!
NANOMACHINES, SON!
#13pectus_umbra(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 9:55:07 AM
Anyway, thank you to everyone that posted helpful things. I'll post my final stance on the matter and then leave this thread/delete/ect.

-It was a very close game that got down to the wire, both players in topdeck mode, with me actually coming back from 2 health.
-It was at this very close part/towards the end of the game that this weirdness occurred.
-This appeared similar to an exploit that I knew of as being a thing (endless turn)
-I did not show any kind of issues that lead me to believe I had been disconnected at the time (no internet problems, chat abilities, game functionality such as ability to control options, and so on).
-history of dealing with poor sportsmanship on hearthstone (clock runners, emote spammers, rage messagers, ect)

So I waited, and waited, and I filed a report, believing an exploit was being used.

-If I'm right, a cheater will get in trouble. Nothing of value lost.

-If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, Blizzard won't do anything besides hopefully send a reply message, I'll publicly apologize to the person I accused right here on this board. If it was just a blizzard bug, then it's not on either of the players, and it will have been wrong for me to accuse them.

So there. Sorry if I came off too hot originally. Getting a really good, close game like that and then getting no resolution on it was super frustrating, especially when it has that seeming of exploit abuse.
---
Tired of photobucket and imageshack? Ask me about dropbox.
#14DemonSporkPosted 5/18/2014 9:58:07 AM
yeah.. damn that cheat that makes your opponent disconnect. so unfair.
---
What would Nick Murphy do? .... Apple juice break solves everything.
#15DignatoReRaisedPosted 5/18/2014 10:08:52 AM
It WASN'T a Blizzard bug. YOU disconnected from the game. Even if that only happens for an instant, you wont always reconnect without restarting HS.
---
DON'T F*** WITH THE SENATOR!
NANOMACHINES, SON!
#16RyuuHou25Posted 5/18/2014 10:19:31 AM
Frost_shock_FTW posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
You realize disconnecting has more to do with your internet connection rather than their servers, right? In the entirety of my playing, which has been about 4 ish months, I've run into this problem once, and that was before they fixed it.

No, the disconnections are almost entirely Blizzard's problem. If there is a temporary network hiccup anywhere from your house to their servers, which is almost certain to happen over a long enough period of time, they need to do a better job recovering. It's gotten a lot better recently, but it needs to reach a point where it is an extremely rare event.

You clearly have no idea how connections in general work then. There's no point talking to you.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
This is what you sound like to me when you ask something obvious/staring you in the face - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqz_tbBr2ts
#17RyuuHou25Posted 5/18/2014 10:24:49 AM
pectus_umbra posted...
Anyway, thank you to everyone that posted helpful things. I'll post my final stance on the matter and then leave this thread/delete/ect.

-It was a very close game that got down to the wire, both players in topdeck mode, with me actually coming back from 2 health.
-It was at this very close part/towards the end of the game that this weirdness occurred.
-This appeared similar to an exploit that I knew of as being a thing (endless turn)
-I did not show any kind of issues that lead me to believe I had been disconnected at the time (no internet problems, chat abilities, game functionality such as ability to control options, and so on).
-history of dealing with poor sportsmanship on hearthstone (clock runners, emote spammers, rage messagers, ect)

So I waited, and waited, and I filed a report, believing an exploit was being used.

-If I'm right, a cheater will get in trouble. Nothing of value lost.

-If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, Blizzard won't do anything besides hopefully send a reply message, I'll publicly apologize to the person I accused right here on this board. If it was just a blizzard bug, then it's not on either of the players, and it will have been wrong for me to accuse them.

So there. Sorry if I came off too hot originally. Getting a really good, close game like that and then getting no resolution on it was super frustrating, especially when it has that seeming of exploit abuse.

They'll log you as filing a false report against someone who didn't do anything.

Here's how a disconnect works - your internet connection had a hiccup. During that point in time, the game tried to send relays between the server and the game. It wasn't able to get a reply from your side, which caused it to treat as you DCed. Your computer however keeps running the game and treating everything as if you are still online, since you would be.

The problem comes in that the game is now being told different things. The game servers will try and reconnect you, but it's not always possible for many various reasons.

There was no exploit abuse, you're just being a whiny child.
---
This is what you sound like to me when you ask something obvious/staring you in the face - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqz_tbBr2ts
#18Frost_shock_FTWPosted 5/18/2014 10:24:56 AM
DignatoReRaised posted...
It WASN'T a Blizzard bug. YOU disconnected from the game. Even if that only happens for an instant, you wont always reconnect without restarting HS.

That's a bug in Hearthstone, it should actively seek out to restore the connection instead of failing completely.

RyuuHou25 posted...
You clearly have no idea how connections in general work then. There's no point talking to you.

I'm a software developer, and Blizzard's error recovery in the Hearthstone client is almost nonexistent. It gets stuck in a bad state far too frequently.
---
You have fought well, giant clam. Prepare to be vanquished!
Contacts in Profile
#19RyuuHou25Posted 5/18/2014 10:31:39 AM
As a software developer, you should know that simply seeking to restore the connection is not going to fix the problem.

If it gets stuck in such a bad state far too often, explain why I have only ever run into it once, if you're so intent on blaming their servers. If their servers are ever so bad, shouldn't this be happening to every single person on a fairly constant basis?
---
#20jamonroePosted 5/18/2014 6:33:29 PM
For all of those that are unaware: Blizzard has already addressed this issue. The details of which can be found here:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/12675108087

It sucks, I know. :/ Had it encounter to me in Ranked play before and has happened to people I know. TL:DR of it is that the match itself has disconnected from the server. Though both players are still connected to one another. Hence why you can highlight cards, emote, etc.