Just opened 81 packs...

#1FlipShotPosted 8/2/2014 1:59:25 AM
1 lousy legendary.. stupid Nat Pagle. Don't worry Blizzard. I don't feel ripped off at ALL.
---
People come into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood. The lucky ones leave the same way. -KrowFace
#2_henry14_Posted 8/2/2014 2:01:46 AM
I cant remember the last time i had a decent pack. I refuse to spend money on them anymore
---
GAMERTAG:v ACE RIMMER v
#3BhelliumPosted 8/2/2014 2:03:07 AM
mm I just got a Golden Deathwing

it's glorious

now i just need Nozdormu for my Dragon Deck
---
I can't tell if Hemlock Grove is literally the best thing ever or the worst thing on TV. Or Netflix. W/e.
#4FlipShot(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 2:06:01 AM
Yeah, that's the first and last time that'll happen. I'm trying to console myself with having enough dust to craft a few gold commons and things, but this is really disheartening. If any cardboard card games had packs this bad they'd have gone belly up years ago.

I've heard the ratio is around 1 in 20, but 1 in 80?! That's garbage, through and through.
---
People come into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood. The lucky ones leave the same way. -KrowFace
#5sting__artPosted 8/2/2014 2:20:55 AM
FlipShot posted...
Yeah, that's the first and last time that'll happen. I'm trying to console myself with having enough dust to craft a few gold commons and things, but this is really disheartening. If any cardboard card games had packs this bad they'd have gone belly up years ago.

I've heard the ratio is around 1 in 20, but 1 in 80?! That's garbage, through and through.

I've seen people get legendary cards all over the place, it would naturally follow that if I get 2 legendary cards in 20 packs, somebody else will have to get 1 in 40. If that doesn't happen, the average simply isn't 1 in 20 anymore.

So in short, something has to give to keep the ratio even... and in this case it was you.
#6BiazPosted 8/2/2014 2:22:18 AM
sting__art posted...
FlipShot posted...

I've seen people get legendary cards all over the place, it would naturally follow that if I get 2 legendary cards in 20 packs, somebody else will have to get 1 in 40. If that doesn't happen, the average simply isn't 1 in 20 anymore.

So in short, something has to give to keep the ratio even... and in this case it was you.

no, that's not how chance works.
---
If you think you are good at something, there's an Asian on YouTube better than you.
You have to be realistic about these things.
#7sting__artPosted 8/2/2014 2:34:31 AM
Biaz posted...
sting__art posted...
FlipShot posted...

It is, it works universally. A 1 in 20 chance would mean that if 1 million packs were to be opened, in total, it would even out with an average of 1 legendary in 20 packs. But this isn't from person to person, it is universally true.

If my average of pulling a legendary card is above 1 in 20, somebody else would have to be below 1 in 20. If this is not the case, then the average is simply not 1 in 20.
#8BiazPosted 8/2/2014 2:41:06 AM
sting__art posted...
Biaz posted...
sting__art posted...
FlipShot posted...

It is, it works universally. A 1 in 20 chance would mean that if 1 million packs were to be opened, in total, it would even out with an average of 1 legendary in 20 packs. But this isn't from person to person, it is universally true.

If my average of pulling a legendary card is above 1 in 20, somebody else would have to be below 1 in 20. If this is not the case, then the average is simply not 1 in 20.

no, your luck doesn't influence my chance to get legendaries. I still have a chance of 1 in 20.

just like if you flip a coin 10 times and get heads 5 times in a row doesn't mean it has to be tails the next 5.
---
If you think you are good at something, there's an Asian on YouTube better than you.
You have to be realistic about these things.
#9BhelliumPosted 8/2/2014 2:57:35 AM
pretty sure he knows that, he's just saying that over a large sample chances are for every lucker there's going be a unlucky bastard, ie tc

not that there has to be, just that if the average IS significantly higher than 1/20, that's probably a sign 5% isn't the actual rate
---
I can't tell if Hemlock Grove is literally the best thing ever or the worst thing on TV. Or Netflix. W/e.
#10sting__artPosted 8/2/2014 3:17:33 AM
Biaz posted...
sting__art posted...
Biaz posted...
sting__art posted...
FlipShot posted...

no, your luck doesn't influence my chance to get legendaries. I still have a chance of 1 in 20.

just like if you flip a coin 10 times and get heads 5 times in a row doesn't mean it has to be tails the next 5.

If everybody in the world flipped a coin 3 times, it will average out. to tails and head being rolled 50% of the time.

If something is done often enough it will average out. It does not matter who it does. 1000 people can do something once or 1 person can do something a 1000 times, the statistics won't change.