Best strategy?

#1MaverickneoPosted 4/5/2013 3:03:01 PM
Ok what are the best strategies for doing well and getting through the levels better?

Focus on getting money and making your characters that you already have better first?

Get money and buy another better character first?

Or getting money to purchase the booster packs first?

Also which seems to be the best characters (early on in the game) not having to play hundreds of hours to save up 100 thousand plus coins to purchase batman...
#2RoncorePosted 4/5/2013 4:15:02 PM
I have only been playing it a day, but here is what I have noticed.

Each character uses the same amount of energy per fight. early fights require1 per character, later stages require 2

so if you focus on one team, you will end up exhausting your good characters, and then having a Secondary squad that is too under-powered.

So I would conclude you should try to get at least 6 characters (2 teams), and level them up evenly.

so to summarize:

- 6 characters, 2 teams.
- Each team should have at least 1 character who has heavy damage and good health.
if you put all your strong characters on one team, you'd be at the same disadvantage.
- try to keep them balanced, and make sure each team has 1 strong fighter.
-Try to ensure that each team has at least one character who has a "Power drain" special move. This will prevent your enemies from using their special moves and inflicting heavy damage on you.

happy pummeling!
#3Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 4:33:52 PM(edited)
So far I leveled 7 characters to around the same level (11-13). (two of them I upgraded)
Looks like I'll spend money on upgrading them then instead of trying to purchase new ones?

I have New 52 GL and regular GL, Catoman, Flash with an elite status, (dont know what that means) Green Arrow, Lex and Nightwing.
#4hockeyfan607Posted 4/5/2013 4:47:30 PM
Elite is when you get doubles of a character card. Instead of having another copy of the same character, you promote the original one.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: The Koopa Bros
#5Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 5:51:04 PM
Just spent about 30,000 upgrading two characters so their specials have more damage, bought all three cards for both characters (health, energy and damage),
Im at the second tower and fighting silver characters with a lot of health who absolutely STILL kick my ass and are around the same level as me...
#6eurytomidPosted 4/5/2013 6:00:57 PM
Urg the boss of the second level (Sinestro) is beating my best team like its nothing, his supers drain way too much health/metre and if I switch out he gains metre via Power of Fear
#7Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 6:07:56 PM
YES thats who is completely destroying all my teams. I think its regime sinestro, the silver card.
#8eurytomidPosted 4/5/2013 10:54:43 PM
Finally beat him, but man was Sinestro cheap. The next boss is Doomsday, yet I'm screwed
#9Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 8:10:23 AM
Kind of hard to keep up with bronze characters, even leveled up...
#10Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 1:42:16 PM
Is it better to just save up a bunch of coins and purchase one of the gold characters such as superman or batman?

Or just spend the coins on upgrading current characters to full and getting duplicates to create elites?