What is promoting?

#1drjrf2000Posted 4/7/2013 11:14:07 AM
I got a level 1 Sinestro and I already had a level 5. Now my sinestro shows 2 levels, 5 and then 1. i noticed I could promote him, does that combine the cards or what? I am still showing 5/1 on the card. Anyone care to explain how this system works? Thanks!
#2ArikardoXPosted 4/7/2013 12:21:45 PM
You pretty much nailed it. You can pretty much could knock a bronze up to a silver or silver to gold by promoting.
#3Valkerion757Posted 4/7/2013 12:27:59 PM
yeah promoting is kinda like adding a few levels to the character instantly. The stat boost is fairly big and there is not minus to promoting them so do it when you can.

It wont make a bronze a silver class like the other guy said... well it will, but it will take way more promotions than its worth to do that. Unless you got lucky/unlucky with cards and are able to do that lol.
---
PSN: Valkerion7 (KoF13:Benimaru, Shen, Daimon ) (BBCS: Litchi/Valkenhayn) ~ (SSF4: Rose/Makoto)~ (GG: Anji, I-No)
XBL: ValkerionSeven (Same games as PS3)
#4jubcoolPosted 4/11/2013 8:26:50 PM
Does the card's level matter that you want to promote? As in, is it better to wait to level 20 to promote a card?
#5WickedRoguePosted 4/11/2013 9:45:30 PM
Level does not matter as promoting has a limit per Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Every character is different and has it's own uniqueness based on this.
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto
#6n3crobanePosted 4/11/2013 10:20:42 PM
I thought this was a fighting game? is it a hybrid game with sum rpg features or what? anyone care to explain it to me plz
#7darth_fatherPosted 4/12/2013 7:00:52 AM
It feels more like an RPG than a fighting game to me. The moves are limited (only 2 combos per fighter and they're all done the same way with no mixing or transitions between combos to link them). Plus, all of the fights follow the same basic format. Where you spend all of your time is in leveling and weighing out the benefits of buffs versus strengths in your collection. It feels like Final Fantasy without all of the exploration and loot drops (you just pay for them whenever you're ready).