Amusement Mile comms tower.

#1shm0koPosted 10/25/2013 10:43:54 PM
How do you get in? I noticed the little stream leading under the tower but can't see a way down there without drowning yet. Is this tower gonna have to wait for an upgrade or is there another way in?
#2The_FlowPosted 10/26/2013 12:57:06 AM
I have yet to enter the tower as well. If this game is anything like Arkham City, there should be an upgrade available later on that lets you cross the water (the freeze/glue grenades). That's what I figured anyway.
#3blivvyPosted 10/26/2013 8:16:39 AM
I managed to glide across the water in the tunnel under the tower but all that was in there was a locked door with no way of opening it. So yeah, I'm guessing you do have to wait for an upgrade.
#4LittleAchePosted 10/30/2013 7:36:38 PM
The way I got into the tower was to go from the building to the right of the tower on the map, grapple up to the highest part of the roof and then out onto the furthest scaffold (I think that's the proper name of it). It is the second one with the bird cages dangling from their edges. Glide toward the opening and be sure to line up dead center then dive bomb right before you are going to hit the wall and pull up to fast travel into the tunnel. Be careful to steer to your right once you reach the back of the tunnel or you won't have any ground to fall on so you will just end up in the water. It took me at least 30 tries to get a method that worked, but you can get there with good timing and LOTS of patience. You MUST have gotten the glue grenades to get anywhere inside after opening the door to block the steam vents up. I hope this helps others because this was a frustrating part of the game for me to figure out.

Happy gaming! Rene
#5Prodigy5281Posted 10/30/2013 10:25:29 PM
LittleAche posted...
The way I got into the tower was to go from the building to the right of the tower on the map, grapple up to the highest part of the roof and then out onto the furthest scaffold (I think that's the proper name of it). It is the second one with the bird cages dangling from their edges. Glide toward the opening and be sure to line up dead center then dive bomb right before you are going to hit the wall and pull up to fast travel into the tunnel. Be careful to steer to your right once you reach the back of the tunnel or you won't have any ground to fall on so you will just end up in the water. It took me at least 30 tries to get a method that worked, but you can get there with good timing and LOTS of patience. You MUST have gotten the glue grenades to get anywhere inside after opening the door to block the steam vents up. I hope this helps others because this was a frustrating part of the game for me to figure out.

Happy gaming! Rene

Um.,...the easy way is to just use the glue grenade to create a raft to float in there on.....
#6LittleAchePosted 10/31/2013 6:09:36 AM
I figured there was probably an easier way, so thank you for sharing this. I didn't even try that as an option...sure would have saved me lots of time if I had thought to try it. Makes sense now because I was trying to figure out why there were pulleys, but no rafts or boats you could use. Lol.