Gotham Protector 15

#1LykanLunatikPosted 10/29/2013 6:01:34 PM
I'm at 7/9 for this challenge, so i'm wondering if anyone else has this. Do Sheldon Park and the Bridge count as areas for this? I've been sitting in the park for about 45 minutes now and no crimes in progress are popping up.
---
Eternal Hobby Z: 5 Broken Dreams, 10 Failed School Classes, 0 Girlfriends, 6 Mountain Dew
Gives: MH Skills +3, Virginity +1, Social Life -1, Body Odour [Hi]
#2Wallcrawler8878Posted 10/29/2013 7:03:13 PM
Yes. Every district counts. There are only 9. If you grab a couple data packs, it seems to boost the occurrence of a CIP.

If you wait too long to do the one on the bridge, like after theres damage and fires, you wont get a CIP to spawn there. You will need to hit up new game plus and just go straight to the bridge to get that one to pop for you.
#3LykanLunatik(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 7:10:59 PM
Wallcrawler8878 posted...
Yes. Every district counts. There are only 9. If you grab a couple data packs, it seems to boost the occurrence of a CIP.

If you wait too long to do the one on the bridge, like after theres damage and fires, you wont get a CIP to spawn there. You will need to hit up new game plus and just go straight to the bridge to get that one to pop for you.

Thats the thing, i've been trying to get them both to spawn in the park and the bridge. Its been an hour or so of me fighting random groups, getting data packs and nothing is spawning.

Idk if i'm doing something wrong.
---
Eternal Hobby Z: 5 Broken Dreams, 10 Failed School Classes, 0 Girlfriends, 6 Mountain Dew
#4INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 10/29/2013 7:43:33 PM
one on the bridge is glitched.

As for Sheldon Park try this...

Go south all the way to in Burley...Now trave back to the bridge and go across as fast as you can...stay to the left so that you remain in the bridge area. Now below you should see a group of enemies walking around the sheldon area. Some are in front of the door there, glide down and attack them. DO NOT LEAVE THE AREA IN FRONT OF THE DOOR. As in do not take the fight to the other side of the statue. Kill all the guys and the Sheldon Park one should Spawn. Has worked for me every time.

Just to note: Try not to hit a crime in progress while grappeling through burley and industrial. So be quick. If you hit one in either of those, fight a few groups of guys then do my method. 1 or 2 should suffice.
#5LykanLunatik(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 8:17:46 PM
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...

Go south all the way to in Burley...Now trave back to the bridge and go across as fast as you can...stay to the left so that you remain in the bridge area. Now below you should see a group of enemies walking around the sheldon area. Some are in front of the door there, glide down and attack them. DO NOT LEAVE THE AREA IN FRONT OF THE DOOR. As in do not take the fight to the other side of the statue. Kill all the guys and the Sheldon Park one should Spawn. Has worked for me every time.

Just to note: Try not to hit a crime in progress while grappeling through burley and industrial. So be quick. If you hit one in either of those, fight a few groups of guys then do my method. 1 or 2 should suffice.

Weird, I follow your steps, but no one spawns in front of the door. I'm really starting to hate these glitches. First I had assassins creed 3 glitch me out of an 100% run and now this is giving me trouble :/
---
#6INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 10/29/2013 8:26:17 PM
LykanLunatik posted...
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...

Weird, I follow your steps, but no one spawns in front of the door. I'm really starting to hate these glitches. First I had assassins creed 3 glitch me out of an 100% run and now this is giving me trouble :/

No one is in the sheldon area at all near the door or statue, to the right of the giant wheel thing? There should be a group of guys in that area spread out. I messed up...im sorry I meant Diamond not Industrial. DO NOT TOUCH THE INDUSTRIAL ZONE. Grapple through Burley and Diamond. Grapple across the bridge and stay to the left so you do not go into Industrial area. You should see guys there. When you do kill them but stay on the side of the round platform with the statue on it near the door and take them all out. Let them come to you. Stay near the door!

If they do not Spawn. Fast travel to Coventry, kill abunch of guys and try going across the bridge again to see if they are there.
#7LykanLunatik(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 8:51:13 PM
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
LykanLunatik posted...
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...

No one is in the sheldon area at all near the door or statue, to the right of the giant wheel thing? There should be a group of guys in that area spread out. I messed up...im sorry I meant Diamond not Industrial. DO NOT TOUCH THE INDUSTRIAL ZONE. Grapple through Burley and Diamond. Grapple across the bridge and stay to the left so you do not go into Industrial area. You should see guys there. When you do kill them but stay on the side of the round platform with the statue on it near the door and take them all out. Let them come to you. Stay near the door!

If they do not Spawn. Fast travel to Coventry, kill abunch of guys and try going across the bridge again to see if they are there.

Tried that, even restarted my console and no on is spawning. I guess i'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for the help though.
---
#8CarpetfluffPosted 11/1/2013 12:34:28 PM
If you're doing this after completing the story, or at least after the portion on the bridge, no crimes will pop. I got the one in Sheldon Park with the multiple martial arts ladies started and they will quite happily follow you down to the section of the park near the river. This is actually counted as part of Pioneer Bridge. Complete the fight over there and voila. Job done. Failing that you'll just have to go to the bridge and do it in New Game Plus.
#9Spider5800Posted 11/1/2013 1:02:17 PM
Carpetfluff posted...
If you're doing this after completing the story, or at least after the portion on the bridge, no crimes will pop. I got the one in Sheldon Park with the multiple martial arts ladies started and they will quite happily follow you down to the section of the park near the river. This is actually counted as part of Pioneer Bridge. Complete the fight over there and voila. Job done. Failing that you'll just have to go to the bridge and do it in New Game Plus.

This is how I got the bridge done. Whatever zone you're on when you end the crime is the one that counts, so if you can "kite" enemies to the bridge or park, it will count for those zones.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#10The-SCHMOOPYPosted 11/1/2013 7:38:40 PM
You could try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5o8Ja07PP4 it may help?