So, no playable Catwoman?

#1zaccman922Posted 6/13/2013 11:13:01 AM
I think I'm in the minority here, but one of my favorite things about Arkham City was playing as Catwoman. She was so well designed, her moves were fun to pull off, and getting around the city was a lot more fun playing as her. So do you guys think she'll be playable this time around as well? I know Deathstroke is a playable, but could it be possible that there are more playable characters?
#2RulerOfShadaloPosted 6/13/2013 11:33:38 AM
It's still a bit early to say for sure, but my gut say's no playable Catwoman this time around. At least not during the campaign mode.

I vaguely recall one of the guys at WBM mentioning something about playable characters other than Batman and Deathstroke at E3 though, so there may still be hope for you yet TC, if only a glimmer.
---
I should have paid more attention when inputing my username. PSN: RulerOfShadaloo.
#3MMTriggerPosted 6/13/2013 11:52:40 AM
Selina might not even be Catwoman yet in the game.
---
"Nothing is real if you don't believe in who you are!"- Rocky Balboa
http://mmtrigger.deviantart.com/
#4roo10158Posted 6/13/2013 12:08:44 PM
Yeah, I don't think Catwoman even exists yet considering when this game takes place.

I wouldn't be surprised if both her and robin are playable in the next-gen sequel to AC, though
---
Love Mass Effect, but hate how disgusting-ly negative BSN is towards it.
Can't wait for Mass Effect 4, the Playstation 4, and GTA V
#5AwesomeChairPosted 6/13/2013 12:15:49 PM
MMTrigger posted...
Selina might not even be Catwoman yet in the game.

Look at 00.28. After bane grabs his papers, you see someone from the back who looks like catwoman. So she could be one of the assassins. Could also be Talia, which would make more sens since she is, y'know, an assassin. However, judging by the shape of the head, I think it's Catwoman.

Either that, or Bane's got some very feminine hands.
#6badjab326Posted 6/13/2013 12:55:43 PM
I'm happy with Deathstroke, but since he won't be playable in free roam, I'd love to see Green Arrow make an appearance. He'd fit really well in the Arkhamverse.
---
TTT2-Bruce & Bryan; UMvC3-Frank/Deadpool/Nems; MK9-Reptile; Injustice-Joker
#7ZechsPeacecraftPosted 6/13/2013 5:37:26 PM
badjab326 posted...
I'm happy with Deathstroke, but since he won't be playable in free roam, I'd love to see Green Arrow make an appearance. He'd fit really well in the Arkhamverse.

How do you know he isn't available for free roam? not saying you're wrong but I've never heard anything about him other then he's available to play as
---
"It's the stronger that make the weaker"- Milliardo Peacecraft
#8Catalyst_blackPosted 6/13/2013 6:23:06 PM
I thought I read something about Batman chasing her on rooftops.
---
PSN ID - Catalyst_Black
360 GT - Frostbite455931
#9carlosmuniz20Posted 6/13/2013 8:17:44 PM
Catalyst_black posted...
I thought I read something about Batman chasing her on rooftops.

in this particular video Max from Rev3Games goes on to explain that Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate happens 6 months after the Arkham Origins story (the game for consoles) and is the "first" appearance of Catwoman in this Batman universe.

So no Catwoman in Arkham Origins for consoles (it seems) and the female assassin we see briefly in the videos could be Talia or Lady Shiva (or someone else)
---
PSN ID: melloack
#10badjab326Posted 6/13/2013 8:50:59 PM
ZechsPeacecraft posted...
badjab326 posted...

How do you know he isn't available for free roam? not saying you're wrong but I've never heard anything about him other then he's available to play as

It's mostly an assumption, but every time they mention him they specifically say he's playable in challenge mode.

I vaguely remember somebody deconfirming him for story mode, but I couldn't name a source.
---
TTT2-Bruce & Bryan; UMvC3-Frank/Deadpool/Nems; MK9-Reptile; Injustice-Joker