WBID/Batman One Million

#11Kensaimage(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 9:05:50 PM
Wow, looks like I'm not the only one
#12moracPosted 10/26/2013 12:20:36 AM
I'm not sure how or why, but when I loaded the game the first time, it somehow already knew I had a WBID and asked if I wanted to use it. I clicked to use it and the Batman One Million said it unlocked. I was never emailed a code or anything.

What's odd/scary is that it didn't ask me for either my email or WBID password, it just linked. I'm guessing maybe it read my Injustice Gods Among US or Gotham Impostors save file to get the WBID info.
#13Super VejitaPosted 10/26/2013 12:54:47 AM
I reloaded the game a few hours ago and went to WBID and it said I already had one. Accepted the terms and I got my verification email. Verified my email and got the suit. Though I can't change costumes until NG+
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" ~Dracula
#14ravens52bears54Posted 10/26/2013 6:04:02 AM
I verified my email and when I clicked on the link it took me to a page with a message that's said "An unknown error occurred with your code." I tried several times on both my phone and computer and no luck.
---
Games I am currently playing:
Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PS3), Saints Row IV (PS3), GTAV (PS3), Madden 25 (PS3), NCAA 14 (PS3)
#15vishmarxPosted 10/26/2013 6:17:43 AM
created nd a new account and it worked .
1 create account
2 sign in to the game.
3 check email and verify
4 relogin to the game
---
psn =vishmarx;xbl=vishmarx
#16Kensaimage(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 9:48:05 PM
Alright guys, so then what happens in the scenario that you already HAVE an account, you sign in, and you do NOT get the email?

This is my scenario
#17notedeathPosted 10/26/2013 10:29:04 PM
Kensaimage posted...
Alright guys, so then what happens in the scenario that you already HAVE an account, you sign in, and you do NOT get the email?

This is my scenario

Apparently, it doesn't matter if you get the email or not. I had an existing account, logged in, they asked me to verify account, checked my email, it was there, verified it, it says "the reward will appear the next time you login through the game", GREAT! I restarted the game, checked my bat suit chamber, aaaand it's empty.
---
A decade has passed but it was all worth the wait for Kingdom Hearts 3.
#18Kensaimage(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 2:08:37 AM
notedeath posted...
Kensaimage posted...

This is my scenario

Apparently, it doesn't matter if you get the email or not. I had an existing account, logged in, they asked me to verify account, checked my email, it was there, verified it, it says "the reward will appear the next time you login through the game", GREAT! I restarted the game, checked my bat suit chamber, aaaand it's empty.

Yeah, well its empty for me too. Except I never got any email. Ever. It never came, bro. Said the email was sent. The email was a lie. Still tryin to wrap my brain around why game developers lately have been doing these things through email. It doesn't work. Case in point? Halo 4's spec code email disaster. Those forums were ablaze for weeks. Case in point 2. Injustice Arrow Code promotion. Another spectacular email fail. And that was WBID related as well.

AAAND now this. Why can't it just unlock with a legit WBID sign in? This is unnecessarily complicated
#19The_HauntPosted 10/27/2013 3:08:31 AM
SOLUTION FOUND for those who made or logged into a WBID account and never got an email.

Took since launch to find a workaround. WBID covertly links your Steam/XBL/PSN profile to an account and their email autoresponses suck. Follow these steps:

Go to https://www.gothamcityimpostors.com/wbid/ and login with the account you made.

Go to the little gear icon in the upper right-hand corner and go to account settings. You may have to choose a new forum handle, so what.

UNLINK your system from your account. This is the only WB site that lets you do that (???)

From here you can either take another shot at entering the same email in-game for another try at the autoresponse or simply create a new account at a new email address and using that one. I created a new account with my Gmail account as email and was able to authenticate immediately (stay away from AOL and Hotmail accounts, people seem to be having issues with those.)

Good luck, folks.
#20JackalPosted 10/27/2013 4:51:28 AM
I couldn't get it done on the PS3 so I just did it on the website and then once I verified my email I logged in on the PS3.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz