And they still want Ben Affleck to be Batman?

#1GodzillaDude28Posted 10/25/2013 5:23:42 PM
I'm sorry, but after playing this game as well as Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, and watching the movies, and the original tv shows with Adam West, I honestly don't see Ben Affleck pulling off a great performance as Batman. I mean okay, so the guy won a few academy awards, but that still doesn't qualify him to be Batman. I've seen him in Daredevil, and couldn't stand it. I don't understand why they couldn't keep Christian Bale for the role or at least get Karl Urban from Dredd. But why Ben Affleck?
#2jutsu_masterPosted 10/25/2013 5:29:22 PM
im sick and tired of hearing this :/ Christian Bale has said that he's done playing batman and if anyone hates the fact about the casting of batman, there are 2 things you can do: 1. actually go see it and see if its any good, or not watch it at all, no one is forcing you to go see the super man/ batman movie
really wish people would just shut up about ben afflec as batman
#3zex_armyPosted 10/25/2013 5:30:41 PM
You're worried about affleck when you say you still want Bale?

Sorry, I threw up in my mouth a little.
#4OhGoodPosted 10/25/2013 5:30:59 PM
oh come on, we all know its going to be terrible
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
#5merqabahPosted 10/25/2013 5:37:35 PM
remember when nobody wanted ledger? and when nobody believed affleck had talent? yeah, ill hold my reservations till i see it.

i really wanted idris elba as batman though
---
Nine plus nine equals box, and thats where the cat goes!
#6HeartbreakCjPosted 10/25/2013 5:38:15 PM
i agree ill go but i wont expect much
#7OhGoodPosted 10/25/2013 5:39:50 PM
My problem with this movie doesn't lie with affleck, it lies with Zack Snyder as director and the breakneck pace at which they're already producing the movie.

That sets off quite a few alarms in my head.
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
#8mjc0961Posted 10/25/2013 5:41:45 PM
merqabah posted...
remember when nobody wanted ledger?

No but I remember when everyone suddenly started saying "remember when nobody wanted Ledger" as a weak defense for Ben Assfleck.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#9merqabahPosted 10/25/2013 5:45:15 PM
mjc0961 posted...
merqabah posted...

No but I remember when everyone suddenly started saying "remember when nobody wanted Ledger" as a weak defense for Ben Assfleck.

you havent seen affleck do batman and yet you criticize him tahts weak, same as people criticizing baker before hearing him and so on
---
Nine plus nine equals box, and thats where the cat goes!
#10GodzillaDude28(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 5:52:16 PM
merqabah posted...
mjc0961 posted...
merqabah posted...

you havent seen affleck do batman and yet you criticize him tahts weak, same as people criticizing baker before hearing him and so on

But we've seen Affleck do Daredevil and that was horrible. If he failed miserably as Daredevil, what make you think he'll do any better as Batman? Sure it's been 10 years since that abomination of a movie, but the point is, there are certain actors who are perfect for certain roles, Affleck is so not perfect for Batman or any other superhero.