Worst nightmare challenges are the epitome of bad game design

#1illfamousPosted 11/2/2013 11:39:38 AM
AO is many things to many people. However, I draw the line at these dark knight challenges. It makes absolutely no sense that some of the predator challenges can only be completed in one specific circumstance in the course of the MAIN story.. AS in, a one time event.

How am I supposed to know that? Furthermore, why most the challenges be done in order?
I see so many people defend this game on this board.
Care to defend the above?

Don't even get me started on requiring us to play multiplayer to unlock trophies.
I can't even get into a game
---
PSN: illfamous
New York Knicks: Your favorite team's favorite team
#2James_N_MasonPosted 11/2/2013 11:49:57 AM
I can agree there. Being in sequence isn't too much of a problem, but coupled with rather rare opportunities to do them and the fact that none of the necessary main predator rooms respawn, it's a serious issue and pretty poor design. Even the asinine Assassin's Creed 100% synch challenges allow you to replay the previous levels as many times as necessary.
#3HuSsIeNxDPosted 11/2/2013 11:50:41 AM
Thats not neccessarily the case, im sure there are plenty of other oppertunities where you would be able to complete whatever challenge your on atm. Which challenge in particular are you referring to? or is it just all of them?

Well i mean the challenges and just there to do just that CHALLENGE you lol. By all means you dont have to complete them. I actually like them, it forces me to do things in a way i would have otherwised overlooked or not tryed yet. I left all the challanges for my NG+ so that way i could play the game the first time the way i wanted to.

I agree with you on the multiplayer trophies though, i hate it when games have that! if one doesnt like the multiplayer of a game then its stupid to force them to play it this way.
---
GAMETAG hussienm-"A computer beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."- Demitri Martin
#4Seifross2010Posted 11/2/2013 5:41:02 PM
HuSsIeNxD posted...
Thats not neccessarily the case, im sure there are plenty of other oppertunities where you would be able to complete whatever challenge your on atm. Which challenge in particular are you referring to? or is it just all of them?

Well i mean the challenges and just there to do just that CHALLENGE you lol. By all means you dont have to complete them. I actually like them, it forces me to do things in a way i would have otherwised overlooked or not tryed yet. I left all the challanges for my NG+ so that way i could play the game the first time the way i wanted to.

I agree with you on the multiplayer trophies though, i hate it when games have that! if one doesnt like the multiplayer of a game then its stupid to force them to play it this way.

Nobody's "forcing" you to do anything, trophies don't mean a thing! If you don't want to get the multiplayer ones - Don't!

I agree that it sucks you have to do them order, I have no idea what they were thinking with that. On the other hand, it's impossible to miss them, since you can always do them in NG+ or I am the Night.

I just wish you could do them in any order and more importantly, in challenge mode.
#5Razor2602Posted 11/2/2013 5:42:20 PM
Worst nightmare challenges in general are fine the only one thats a massive hinderence is no 6
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
#6gromanjiPosted 11/2/2013 5:45:27 PM
illfamous posted...
AO is many things to many people. However, I draw the line at these dark knight challenges. It makes absolutely no sense that some of the predator challenges can only be completed in one specific circumstance in the course of the MAIN story.. AS in, a one time event.

How am I supposed to know that? Furthermore, why most the challenges be done in order?
I see so many people defend this game on this board.
Care to defend the above?

Don't even get me started on requiring us to play multiplayer to unlock trophies.
I can't even get into a game

I agree. If they would simply repopulate the bank and the hotel for random predator encounters, or enable achievements during combat training, all would be well.

It is less bad design and more scumbag steve design.

Still love the game though. Warts and all. Better than most games I've played this year.
#7Gaming-FrenzyPosted 11/6/2013 8:04:50 PM
I don't like the dark knight challenges seriously
#8Creeping_DarkPosted 11/6/2013 8:10:17 PM
Aliens: Colonial Marines did the same thing.

That should tell you how good an idea the system is.
#9ZakuLordJoePosted 11/6/2013 8:16:16 PM
I missed a a majority of the opportunities and now I can't get the sonic batarang. :(
---
Yo buddy...
#10Argonar_AlfaranPosted 11/9/2013 5:01:02 PM
I generally like the challenges, but since I was too late with the first few predator ones, I'm forever stuck with the challenge, where I have to take down 4 guys with 4 different techs and one of them is explosive gel.

I will get them on normal and hard, but on the first save on easy I will always miss one upgrade and I don't like this. I have always played the arkham games on every difficulty getting everything there was. I guess not this time ;-(