Explosive Gel Takedown?

#1KensaimagePosted 11/3/2013 4:17:59 PM
I'm trying to do the Worst Nightmare Dark Knight Challenges, and I am wondering about the one where you must do four exotic takedowns in one predator encounter. Hanging Ledge, Corner, Vent, and Explosive Gel Takedown. However, whenever I try to do the explosive gel one, they always just fall over stunned and never seem to die.

Am I missing something, or did it count if I just knocked them down?
#2PistolPete777Posted 11/3/2013 4:23:02 PM
You need to find the thicker walls. Off the top of my head, the Deadshot fight has them.
#3strideurPosted 11/3/2013 4:30:55 PM(edited)
It needs to be a brick wall and not a wooden one.

The only 2 spots that work for that challenge are the bank map (You visit this twice potentially) and at the very end of the game.
#4KingBill420Posted 11/3/2013 4:48:50 PM
strideur posted...

The only 2 spots that work for that challenge are the bank map (You visit this twice potentially) and at the very end of the game.

When is the second time you visit it?
#5Kensaimage(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 6:08:07 PM
strideur posted...

Okay, well I'm back in the Bank map on New Game plus. And the enemies are still surviving the concrete walls....

Like, WHAT am I missing here, lol?
#6freesithPosted 11/5/2013 6:10:47 PM
Have you tried putting one on top of a ladder?
---
I take solace in knowing that consoles can never cause a Steam outage.
#7Razor2602Posted 11/5/2013 6:17:54 PM
It needs to be on the opposite side of the wall to them so the wall blows into them and you can do it at the top of a ladder so when they come up they get blown off the edge
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
#8Nightstryk3r619Posted 11/5/2013 6:20:19 PM
Razor2602 posted...
It needs to be on the opposite side of the wall to them so the wall blows into them and you can do it at the top of a ladder so when they come up they get blown off the edge

This, has to the the opposite end, so it will KO them with debris.
---
PSN: MistahRattlehead
PSASBR needs a Legend of Dragoon rep. Make it happen, SSM.
#9Kensaimage(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 6:34:55 PM
Yeah, you guys are right. I was luring them to the wrong side. Thanks for the help!
#10That209Posted 11/12/2013 10:41:53 AM
When you spray the explosive gel on the brick wall, make sure the enemy is on the opposite side of it. It won't work if they're standing on the side that you sprayed the gel on, I was having a problem with getting rank 6 of the Worst Nightmare challenges done because I kept blowing my enemy up from the wrong side.

Then I did it on the opposite side they were standing and I got that challenge done, I'm probably going to have to restart the game though because I need to start doing the challenges from the beginning of the game because I picked up on them a little late. Hopefully it works for you, I thought my game was glitched but luckily it isn't.