Forget Deathstroke! Why not the Joker again? (Spoilers)

#1gregormcgowanPosted 11/5/2013 5:55:30 AM
Hear me out... (Obviously this is all just my opinion...)

1. The Joker was playable in one short "part" of the game and even had his own version of the batarang (cards).

2. Arkham City featured two fairly character unique characters in the story mode and free roam, WB Montreal could've easily copied the mechanic with a Joker skin and his "gadgets" (I understand he doesn't glide, but I could imagine the Joker erratically climbing a building similar to Catwoman or he could get his hands on one of Batman's "spare" grapnel guns and nearly kill himself every time using it).

3. It would've made the Joker stand out a bit more in this game, he's a pretty big deal in the Batman (hell, even the DC) Universe, and seeing as Troy Baker did such a brilliant job of his voice, it seems like a bit of a waste.

This last one is a bit of a pipe dream for me, but it would've been VERY cool...

4. If they let us switch freely between the Joker and Batman, a la Grand Theft Auto V. I understand that Rockstar achieved something no one else achieved in that way, but it could've been very amusing to come down onto Joker and to see what he is up to...

Lastly, I personally think that Rocksteady may have pushed the boundaries in these ways if this were their game, but I wanna just say that I think WB Montreal did a fantastic job for their first Batman game, it's just a shame with all the bugs people are experiencing and that it's understandably being compared to the previous games in the storyline.

Please feel free to leave your thoughts(this IS an open forum after all). I'm off to punch that Enigma fellow square in the face...
#2AngryGFAQerPosted 11/5/2013 6:03:01 AM
I agree. WB Montreal did a great job turning Slade into a regular grunt complete with regular grunt dialogue, undermining decades of Deathstroke lore, all in the name of glorifying Batman to an even more absurd level than any other media he's been in.
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.
#3kungfu_blazikenPosted 11/5/2013 6:45:06 AM
AngryGFAQer posted...
I agree. WB Montreal did a great job turning Slade into a regular grunt complete with regular grunt dialogue, undermining decades of Deathstroke lore, all in the name of glorifying Batman to an even more absurd level than any other media he's been in.

I disagree. Playing as Deathstroke is different from playing as Batman, and the boss fight with him is probably the best in the game. I think Batman had quite a bit of trouble fighting him, easily as much as a flying pyro or a hulked-out muscleman.
I personally think they represented him well, although I wouldn't mind playing as Joker again in the future.
---
If you take a Blaziken, teach it kung fu, karate, tae kwon do, and other martial arts, then you will have the WORLD'S MOST UNSTOPPABLE FIGHTING TYPE!!!
#4george43Posted 11/5/2013 7:46:15 AM
Joker escapes at some point as you have to round him up before the original Arkham Asylum game.
#5Hotarubi1c3Posted 11/5/2013 9:09:05 AM
kungfu_blaziken posted...
AngryGFAQer posted...

I disagree. Playing as Deathstroke is different from playing as Batman, and the boss fight with him is probably the best in the game. I think Batman had quite a bit of trouble fighting him, easily as much as a flying pyro or a hulked-out muscleman.
I personally think they represented him well, although I wouldn't mind playing as Joker again in the future.

No, they didn't represent him well. I'm still a newbie to being a fan of Deathstroke and even I can tell that they didn't do him justice in this. Even his gameplay is mediocre.
---
"Hey guys, hug me. Aww yeah, hug me. wowowowowowow.."
#6lumlumlummmPosted 11/9/2013 12:52:27 PM(edited)
Well, on some Reddit thing the devs did they said they couldn't let Deathstroke kill in his challenge maps because they were already pushing the T-rating as far as it would go and figured a playable character killing someone would bump it up to M.

So basically if Deathstroke's not allowed to kill challenge map mooks then why would they even bother with Joker?
---
GT: nadgess | Injustice: Harley, Cyborg | TTT2: Anna/??? | SSFIV: Rose
#7RedHawk4Posted 11/9/2013 1:25:10 PM
lumlumlummm posted...
Well, on some Reddit thing the devs did they said they couldn't let Deathstroke kill in his challenge maps because they were already pushing the T-rating as far as it would go and figured a playable character killing someone would bump it up to M.

So basically if Deathstroke's not allowed to kill challenge map mooks then why would they even bother with Joker?

You could shoot guards when playing as The Joker in Arkham Asylum. I understand if they thought using Deathstroke's sword in predator maps would be too graphic, in addition to the fact that using it in combat maps would have created some problems for the devs considering how the fighting mechanics work, but he could at least use guns. Or maybe they figured that would make things too easy.
---
Check me out on Gamespot.
#8shadowmario8Posted 11/9/2013 3:01:59 PM
Also can't you kill in the multi-player maps.
#9DrakoVongola1Posted 11/9/2013 3:51:43 PM
lumlumlummm posted...

Explain multiplayer mode. If you're not playing as Batman and Robin you kill people.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#10lumlumlummmPosted 11/14/2013 1:23:48 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
lumlumlummm posted...

Explain multiplayer mode. If you're not playing as Batman and Robin you kill people.

Don't ask me, ask the developers. vOv

http://i.imgur.com/9UvMqUI.jpg
---
GT: nadgess | Injustice: Harley, Cyborg | TTT2: Anna/??? | SSFIV: Rose