The penguin

#1birdman60661Posted 10/27/2013 7:49:58 AM
Any tips in beating the penguin? I see the fire extinguishers but the guards always spot me and it's instant death.
#2resistor75Posted 10/27/2013 8:43:08 AM
Its all about patience and reacting quickly. First grapple to the highest center perch and knock out the extinguisher. Wait for the guards and only use the batclaw when they are on different levels. To seperate them use the explosives to lure them. Once you snatch one the other guard will come up the ladder fast and you have to get him as fast as you can so be ready. If he spots you glide past him all the way to the bottom and grapple up past him as he descends (this can be a pain). This process will work for all phases only difference is you have to use explosives on the drones. Be sneaky and have patience..this battle was tough for me until it I perfected this formula.
---
0=2
#3OhGoodGriefPosted 10/27/2013 9:19:25 AM
I beat him without removing his henchmen's guns.

I didn't know the batclaw rips their guns away. Only realized it when I was rescuing hostages later in the game.
#4RjmhartPosted 10/27/2013 10:12:58 AM
Someone posted not he 3ds boards that all you do is throw a Batarang from one side on the bottom. When they start running towards you, just grapple up to the top and fall onto Penguin. Basically just get the guards to come after you and otherwise ignore them.

It does save after the second time you get to Penguin.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#5siberian142Posted 10/27/2013 10:48:23 AM
Rjmhart posted...
Someone posted not he 3ds boards that all you do is throw a Batarang from one side on the bottom. When they start running towards you, just grapple up to the top and fall onto Penguin. Basically just get the guards to come after you and otherwise ignore them.

It does save after the second time you get to Penguin.

Yeah, that was me. Start on the left side, throw a batarang, grapple to the next floor, grapple to the perch, wait for both guards to walk a good ways away from Penguin and then jump on him. As it spawns Batman to safety after punching Penguin, it's really easy to abuse for a simple win.

Throw batarangs at the second floor drone once in a while, too.

My original method was to stand on the second floor, throw a batarang at one of the guards, grapple to the very top floor and drop down to the perch from there, but that strategy fell apart after a soldier and a drone spawned up there.
#6aaronreason1987Posted 10/27/2013 6:52:05 PM
I finally beat that dang boss. I was having problems doing it yesterday. When I finally beat it I yelled and scared my 2 cats and my dad. It was funny
---
psn - haron2005 (add me)