Whats the difference between tagging and using vision as a spy in multi?

#1InfiniterranPosted 9/27/2013 8:46:30 PM
It seems like vision gives you unlimited spotting of enemies with IR and tagging only does it for a few seconds...what else is am I missing?
---
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=9515287
I want one of these
#2coreyerbPosted 9/28/2013 2:52:49 PM
Tagging makes enemies visible without having to use vision mode and your tags are visible to teammates (big help if you have a teammate using a ghillie suit with sonar and you're using intel).

The vision modes are better for seeing enemies (and you don't have to wait for a recharge) but if you leave your goggles on, you're visible to mercs using RFD (which to get around you have to use infiltration).

There's a strength and a counter to each.
---
NNID: LoeliaPonsonby / [56] iS*LoPo
#3Infiniterran(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 9:56:45 PM
coreyerb posted...
Tagging makes enemies visible without having to use vision mode and your tags are visible to teammates (big help if you have a teammate using a ghillie suit with sonar and you're using intel).

The vision modes are better for seeing enemies (and you don't have to wait for a recharge) but if you leave your goggles on, you're visible to mercs using RFD (which to get around you have to use infiltration).

What's RFD? It lets them detect you if you're using vision?
---
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=9515287
I want one of these
#4coreyerbPosted 9/29/2013 11:08:32 PM
Infiniterran posted...
coreyerb posted...

What's RFD? It lets them detect you if you're using vision?

Yep it shows a little white box on their screen if they get close enough to you, only when you're using goggles. Pretty useful against sonar/cloak abusers, though if they use infiltration they won't show up.
---
NNID: LoeliaPonsonby / [56] iS*LoPo