Can't Play the Game! Won't Load My Save Game!

#1boratgravasPosted 9/30/2013 7:19:56 AM
Ok, so... I bought this game brand new and I tried it out a couple of nights ago and played through the intro of the game just fine. Last night I tried to play it but couldn't because the game kept getting frozen every time it was trying to load up my save game so that I could start playing. Literally, on the main menu when it says "Press Start (+)"... I would do so and it would say "Loading" and then just get stuck there. Tried it several times and it locked up EVERY TIME. Anyone else having any problems with it? Very frustrating since I can't play the game AT ALL now.
---
"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda (The Empire Strikes Back)
#2SozcumberPosted 10/1/2013 4:49:30 PM
It takes ages to load. Try deleting your save file and starting again. My save file corrupted and sent me back to the start but I still had my gadgets. I got to a certain point in the game and it made me buy goggles I had already bought. Thus I couldn't progress and it broke the game. Delete your save file and start again.
---
NNID & PSN: Sozcumber
#3boratgravas(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 7:49:29 PM
Already tried that a couple of times and it still keeps getting frozen when trying to load up my save game. It's not just taking a long time to load, it's literally stuck. The loading animation stops moving and nothing responds at all... I have to get up and physically hold the power button down to turn off the system. I did try waiting one time to see if it would unfreeze... waited like 10 mins. and nothing happened. I can't play the game at all. I already returned it to the store and got another copy, but it's doing the same thing as well.
---
#4SozcumberPosted 10/3/2013 6:37:25 AM
ahh that sucks. I feel sorry for you. maybe try removing the patch? Do you have lots of space on your wiiu flash drive?
---
NNID & PSN: Sozcumber
#5boratgravas(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 5:41:59 PM
I have tons of space, it's a brand new system (got the Wind Waker bundle). I deleted all of the data and tried it again but it did the same thing. My Wii U started freezing in other games too now and even on just the Wii U menu. I actually just sent it in for repair which sucks because I literally only had the system for a week!
---
#6ill-thoughtsPosted 10/18/2013 10:39:31 AM
all these horror stories make me not want to buy a Wii U.