Glitch/Exploit goals

#1d00fy90Posted 11/27/2013 7:45:41 AM
Do people really understand what these are? I play on a team of 4 and we are all hockey players(have been for years). We have a greater joy for a great passing play that ends in a goal, or a goal as a result of really trying hard and forchecking hard.

The reason I bring this up is because the last 3 nights we've played we've had 1 team message us accusing us of scoring exploit goals. Last night was the most recent example so it's fresh in my mind. We beat a team 6-5 in OT. So it wasn't like we dominated. We went back and forth with goals and neither of us repeated a goal "style". My team scored the following:

1 slap shot over the goalies glove from the top of the circle
1 one timer slapshot from the dot over the goalies blocker
1 breakaways deke
1 pass across the crease that deflected off of a defender and in
1 rebound of a low snapshot
game winner was a slapshot form the point(by me) and deflected through the five hole.

So in closing we should probably list what are the real "exploit" goals so people can stop thinking that just because they lost doesn't mean they were cheated.
#2The Amazing ViperPosted 11/27/2013 1:54:22 PM
1) curled wrister from just above the hash. goes in about every time

2) wrap around 5 hole. Goes through the paddle so I'd say glitch over exploit.

3) spinning slapper at the mid-top circle.

That's about all. Don't like backhand forehand on breakaway? Don't give up breakaways.
---
The Rodney Dangerfield of the POW... Formerly the GSB
The Amazing Viper is your new board savior - MantleNotMouse
#3d00fy90(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 2:56:34 PM
I agree with all of those. I think the wrister from top of the circle is the most exploited goal in the game. Breakaways are breakaway. Mats Zuccarello does the same move everytime he gets a breakaway because it works. Would never call a breakaway a glitch or exploit
#4HeartBreakKid59Posted 11/28/2013 8:40:05 AM
The CPU exploits the wraparound goal all the time. Like legit, every time they go behind the net, it turns into a goal.
---
When you say Maine Black Bears, you've said it all!
Choke - the official soft-drink of the UNH Wildcats
#5BladescorpionPosted 12/9/2013 8:16:20 AM
The Amazing Viper posted...
1) curled wrister from just above the hash. goes in about every time

2) wrap around 5 hole. Goes through the paddle so I'd say glitch over exploit.

3) spinning slapper at the mid-top circle.

That's about all. Don't like backhand forehand on breakaway? Don't give up breakaways.

Those are the only glitch goals I have seen and am aware of. All of tc list are legit to me.

They are just jealous tc.

That said, EASHL is getting really bad with the real glitchers after the Black Friday noobs in-fluxed.

I was hoping the Christmas noobs would be the first heavy wave this year.

Seems like 2/3 teams played since then are glitchers using #1.

Playing specifically to stop that gets old fast.
---
Forgive spelling issues.
#6d00fy90(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2013 3:46:04 PM
To be honest I haven't really come across too many teams that rely only on exploit goals. maybe 1 a night. Which isn't a lot considering how bad every prior year has been haha.

I just don't get why people can't admit defeat though? I've come across more teams that we have beaten who then accuse us a glitch goaling when we really don't do that at all. We never get angry when we lose to a team that either out played us or just maybe got a lucky bounce. Those happen haha.
#7Kh3d-ac3ds-lm2Posted 12/10/2013 3:57:11 PM
as a G, i can list them all, and debunk a few
Debunks:
- "curl wrister"- i stop it all the time, and my D rarely gives them the chance to try it, a wrester from that close is a tough save, but not a glitch
-spinning slapshot- glitch that the player can even take it but is easily savable if your in position

glitches/hacks/exploit/cheap:
-wrap around through the paddle 5 hole
-wrap around spin move
-wrap around stop
all of those are because as a goalie you can cover over your shoulder in wrap protection so they force you to move and the dmen rarely react
-backhand forehand on a break is savable, but if they slow down and hesitate backhand, then go forehand, 9/10 time the goalie will do a bellyflop which won't even come close to stopping the puck
-"figure skating, and then sniping from almost zero angle is like a 50% chance it goes in unexplainably
---
Dream Drop Distance
#8The Amazing ViperPosted 12/13/2013 11:26:53 AM
Kh3d-ac3ds-lm2 posted...
as a G, i can list them all, and debunk a few
Debunks:
- "curl wrister"- i stop it all the time, and my D rarely gives them the chance to try it, a wrester from that close is a tough save, but not a glitch
-spinning slapshot- glitch that the player can even take it but is easily savable if your in position

glitches/hacks/exploit/cheap:
-wrap around through the paddle 5 hole
-wrap around spin move
-wrap around stop
all of those are because as a goalie you can cover over your shoulder in wrap protection so they force you to move and the dmen rarely react
-backhand forehand on a break is savable, but if they slow down and hesitate backhand, then go forehand, 9/10 time the goalie will do a bellyflop which won't even come close to stopping the puck
-"figure skating, and then sniping from almost zero angle is like a 50% chance it goes in unexplainably

You are a human. Presumably with a brain. And presumably with the ability to pick up on patterns. The ai doesnt use this ability. So the same weak curl wrister will go in everytime. I even played a team yesterday where the kid did it on a penalty shot lol. All in all, what's a glitch for the ai might not be a glitch for a human goalie.
---
#9Kh3d-ac3ds-lm2Posted 12/13/2013 12:14:40 PM
yah but he ai goalie also makes crazy saves all the time, so quit your belly aching and get a human goalie, so that the only cheap goals are easy to stop with solid defense
---
Dream Drop Distance
#10The Amazing ViperPosted 12/16/2013 3:09:52 PM
Kh3d-ac3ds-lm2 posted...
yah but he ai goalie also makes crazy saves all the time, so quit your belly aching and get a human goalie, so that the only cheap goals are easy to stop with solid defense

Um, no thanks I'd rather play defense than rely on this game's intuition. I've seen many good goalies let in absolute trash through no fault of their own. Simply the games will to keep things competitive. The human goalie exploits are far worse than the predictable ai ones. :p
---