For those who play on World Class or Legendary

#1GhostX_117Posted 9/22/2013 12:39:14 AM
How frustrating has the game been so far for you?
Honestly for me it has been quite the frustration.
I just cant get the hang of this and when im playing everything I do just feels sloppy.

Im sure ill have fun against friends but against the AI it has been giving me quite the headache.
#2mulliadaPosted 9/22/2013 3:02:41 AM
I've found that, in the demo, the World Class computer just keeps the ball far too much. Whilst this is realistic, it's no fun to play against a team that passes it around their CBs and CMs, especially when half lengths are only 3 minutes. Then, when you get the ball back, you need to do your own slow build up play, so I end up playing a number of games that are just non-events.
#3kmelaurinegroPosted 9/22/2013 5:16:52 AM
mulliada posted...
I've found that, in the demo, the World Class computer just keeps the ball far too much. Whilst this is realistic, it's no fun to play against a team that passes it around their CBs and CMs, especially when half lengths are only 3 minutes. Then, when you get the ball back, you need to do your own slow build up play, so I end up playing a number of games that are just non-events.

This, also not all teams should play possession as Barcelona, B. Dortmund for example should be way more direct in their attacks
#4GhostX_117(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 9:21:31 AM
It just frustrates me how quickly they react and how precise their tackles are most of the time.
#5SSJ 4 VegittoPosted 9/22/2013 9:39:33 AM
I find that every single year, just as I get good enough to play consistently on Legendary, the new version comes out and I have to start all over again. It's not different this year. First touch seems to have even more of an impact this year so it's very hard to play on the counter, you basically have to try to walk it in.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/rifler26
Now I understand why men look to the ceaseless sky.
#6GhostX_117(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 12:50:29 PM
SSJ 4 Vegitto posted...
I find that every single year, just as I get good enough to play consistently on Legendary, the new version comes out and I have to start all over again. It's not different this year. First touch seems to have even more of an impact this year so it's very hard to play on the counter, you basically have to try to walk it in.

Yeah but one thing ive noticed is that close quarters dribbling is far more fun and a bit easier to pull off when in the penalty box. Ive been able to pull of some fantastic goals because of it.

Im finding that the momentum from the players movements is whats causing most of my issues.
#7mulliadaPosted 9/23/2013 10:16:39 AM
GhostX_117 posted...
It just frustrates me how quickly they react and how precise their tackles are most of the time.

I hate this aspect... but can't think of an alternative of how else they could improve difficulty level without making it like this. As realistic as they try to make the game, the AI just runs on probabilities/statistics, so as the difficulty increases, they compute these quicker and get their players in the perfect positions/execute the perfect tackle etc.

One of the main reasons I hate it is (as another commenter said) whilst it takes a while to learn how to beat the computer, as soon as you learn, it becomes kind of easy, as you can predict what they're going to do/trick them. Legendary/Ultimate becomes a question of manipulating the game (intentionally or otherwise) rather than skill, thus taking away the longevity of game modes, like career mode.
#8GhostX_117(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 8:34:25 PM
mulliada posted...
GhostX_117 posted...

I hate this aspect... but can't think of an alternative of how else they could improve difficulty level without making it like this. As realistic as they try to make the game, the AI just runs on probabilities/statistics, so as the difficulty increases, they compute these quicker and get their players in the perfect positions/execute the perfect tackle etc.

One of the main reasons I hate it is (as another commenter said) whilst it takes a while to learn how to beat the computer, as soon as you learn, it becomes kind of easy, as you can predict what they're going to do/trick them. Legendary/Ultimate becomes a question of manipulating the game (intentionally or otherwise) rather than skill, thus taking away the longevity of game modes, like career mode.

Hopefully they can do something about it with next-gen