I hope Ganon returns

#1Storm101Posted 6/12/2013 9:25:57 PM(edited)
If only because that means we can finally see the classic pig man Ganon realized as a 3D model. That was my favorite version of Ganon. Twilight Princess Ganon was just... ehhhhhh. OoT Ganon was cool, but I get a mindless beast vibe from him rather than an intelligent menacing villain like I do classic Ganon.
#2Art_BuddyPosted 6/12/2013 9:16:54 PM
I agree with the Pigman Ganon returning, but what's wrong with TP Ganon?
He looks awesome.
---
"I'm going to kill you. Not today, not tomorrow... But I WILL kill you." - Rick Grimes
#3Storm101(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 9:25:29 PM
I just didn't like how he looked like a boar and stood on all fours. Wasn't much of a fan of Ganondorf's design in that game either, I prefer the long hair version in OoT. Forgot mention that pig man Ganon's trident was awesome.
#4Art_BuddyPosted 6/12/2013 9:28:17 PM
Yeah, I just like the idea of him becoming beast like because of the Triforce bringing that out in him.
And yeah, Ganondorf WAS terrible in TP, he looks like Abraham Lincoln.
---
"I'm going to kill you. Not today, not tomorrow... But I WILL kill you." - Rick Grimes
#5k_adsl123Posted 6/12/2013 9:35:44 PM
I thought TP Ganondorf/Ganon was the best looking one :(
---
I changed my sig now.
#6HokutoNoBenPosted 6/20/2013 2:02:54 PM
The last time we saw the Big Blue Boar was back in FSA (and even there, that wasn't the one from "Downfall Timeline" that Classic Ganon hails from).

I do hope that we get to see him again. Hell, even better, I'd love it if he made a surprise appearance in the new Smash games.

I mean, hey, if Link can have two different versions of himself in Smash, why not Ganon?
---
Gundam Extreme Vs. - http://gundam-vs.jp/extreme/index.html
The only true Capcom fighting game this generation.
#7MwulfPosted 6/20/2013 3:00:51 PM
The "Defeated Hero" timeline we're in right now could very easily fit Ganon it, sadly. It has a number of "holes" that haven't been filled--like, you know, what happened to Ganon after he defeated OoT Link.

And if you look at Hyrule Historia's little notation next to each game in the Defeated Hero timeline, it seems pretty certain Ganon will make an appearance (shocking no one):

A Link to the Past: The resurrection of Ganon
Oracle of Ages/Seasons: The resurrection of Ganon
Link's Awakening: N/A
The Legend of Zelda: The resurrection of Ganon
The Adventure of Link: The resurrection of Ganon is prevented.

So... yeah. All-but certain he'll show up.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#8Jeod_CriptoPosted 6/20/2013 5:40:28 PM
Mwulf posted...
The "Defeated Hero" timeline we're in right now could very easily fit Ganon it, sadly. It has a number of "holes" that haven't been filled--like, you know, what happened to Ganon after he defeated OoT Link.

After Ganon beat OoT Link, he obtained the Triforce and continued his reign as the Demon King. This is where LttP starts. Zelda and the Sages had to use their power to seal the portals opening rifts between Hyrule and the Sacred Realm-now-turned-Dark World.
---
3DS FC: 4141-2221-6867
#9MwulfPosted 6/20/2013 6:43:27 PM
Wait, I'm still confused.

This is the timeline that starts after Ganon defeats Link in the Adult Timeline, right?--So he's already conquered Hyrule and all that. Are you saying he just left and ruled over the Sacred Realm allowing Zelda to rebuild Hyrule?

Because there's an established Hyrulean nation in ALttP that doesn't seem like it could exist in the post-apocalyptic hellscape Hyrule became when Ganon was in charge, which is what it should have remained as after Ganon defeated Link.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#10superluigibro7Posted 6/20/2013 7:36:34 PM
Mwulf posted...
Wait, I'm still confused.

This is the timeline that starts after Ganon defeats Link in the Adult Timeline, right?--So he's already conquered Hyrule and all that. Are you saying he just left and ruled over the Sacred Realm allowing Zelda to rebuild Hyrule?

Because there's an established Hyrulean nation in ALttP that doesn't seem like it could exist in the post-apocalyptic hellscape Hyrule became when Ganon was in charge, which is what it should have remained as after Ganon defeated Link.

After Ganon defeats Link at the end of OoT, Zelda and the sages seal him in the Sacred Realm. However, he still got the whole Triforce before being sealed, and the Sacred Realm becomes corrupted, which leads to ALttP.
---
I never brake, I just stop accelerating.