Where to get pegasus boots?

#11Art_BuddyPosted 11/24/2013 7:45:25 PM
Kinda glad I accidentally clicked this topic... Thought you needed the boots to catch him...
---
3DS FC - 4983-5953-1311 Benja (Ben-jah, not Ben-ha)
There are no rattlesnakes in Texas. It's just a myth.
#12yzmanPosted 11/24/2013 7:50:48 PM
I am quite surprised people didn't get these early. I got them as soon as possible. Basically if you talk to the kid right close by, he tells you the guy always watches and runs away and always has his back to the wall. This is the point in the game where you just got the ability to go into walls so...it just seemed natural.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#13r7gerrabbitPosted 11/24/2013 7:55:27 PM
yzman posted...
I am quite surprised people didn't get these early. I got them as soon as possible. Basically if you talk to the kid right close by, he tells you the guy always watches and runs away and always has his back to the wall. This is the point in the game where you just got the ability to go into walls so...it just seemed natural.

This.
The moment I talked to that kid I knew exactly what to do.

That's what Zelda is about. Talking to someone once, twice, three times in a row to get everything out of them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#14Tali_ZorahPosted 11/24/2013 7:59:45 PM
r7gerrabbit posted...
yzman posted...

This.

That's what Zelda is about. Talking to someone once, twice, three times in a row to get everything out of them.

Ditto, though I had already cleared out three of the Lorule dungeons before I explored Kakariko Village properly and talked to the kid. That's something that I really like about this game, though. It's not linear at all. I mean, sure, you have to go clear all of these dungeons before you can move on with the plot, but the fact that you can decide what order to do them in, and that you have to actually explore to figure out how to get into the dungeons / get all the items, without being prompted to in any way? That's pretty good.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5043 1777 9788
Safari pokemon: Grumpig, Girafarig, Woboffet. PM me if you add me.
#15rush86Posted 11/24/2013 8:02:57 PM
rpgmadboy posted...
Topic.

Thanks guys!

I dont get why you cant just play and figure it out yourself.
#16HellsDrunkardPosted 11/25/2013 7:42:47 PM
rush86 posted...
rpgmadboy posted...
Topic.

Thanks guys!

Because he can just ask or look on the internet and find out right away. Later on he will possibly use that same internet to register his disappointment in how short of a game A Link Between Worlds was to get 100%.
#17AkanubonOrihPosted 11/25/2013 11:51:44 PM
rush86 posted...

I honestly don't think I would have figured out how to get them in this game had I not looked it up. I saw the guy running away in ALBW just like the guy that runs away in ALttP and assumed the way you catch him was with the boots... just like ALttP.

Sorry we're not all puzzle solving pros like you.
---
Like the "100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3" fan page on Facebook! (http://tinyurl.com/3gj2r6g)
#18RagnarJarlssonPosted 11/25/2013 11:57:57 PM
Ha! So I wasn't the only one thinking I needed the Pegasus boots to catch him. Damn you LttP!

Can't believe it never occurred to me to use the main mechanic the game was built around to catch him.
---
What a horrible night to have a curse.
#19Dark_LawlPosted 11/26/2013 12:06:46 AM
Tali_Zorah posted...
r7gerrabbit posted...
yzman posted...

This.

I mean, sure, you have to go clear all of these dungeons before you can move on with the plot

I don't think a game where you don't have to clear parts of the game to advance the plot/progression is actually a game, lol.

I mean, the point of the game is to beat these dungeons. If beating dungeons weren't required to beat the game, I don't know what Zelda would be.
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#20Azp2k32Posted 11/26/2013 12:43:58 AM
AkanubonOrih posted...

I honestly don't think I would have figured out how to get them in this game had I not looked it up. I saw the guy running away in ALBW just like the guy that runs away in ALttP and assumed the way you catch him was with the boots... just like ALttP.

Same. I ended up assuming that it would be just another minor upgrade that I'd get from some Lorule Dungeon but nope! Now I'm just pissed I missed like 20 Maiamais because I didn't have these boots that I should've...
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsbvaQcuW9k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3EAmdg3xls