Hero mode is ****ing stupid

#11Kil RashaPosted 11/28/2013 3:43:27 PM
Dark_Lawl posted...
Nanis23 posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...
So it's stupid because you are bad at it?

It has nothing to do with skill
You can take every game and make it hard just by making the enemies instakill you
It's cheap,really

Hero Mode isn't insta-kill or cheap. You need a lot more hearts/blue tunic. You could've had more hearts when you got to Lorule, you could have had fairies with you - They shouldn't dumb down the damage just because you lacked resources to deal with it.

Or he could have remembered the red Taurus dealing 2 hearts damage in regular gameplay and been all "**** he's gonna be a whopping eight hearts, better try to not get hit!"
---
I find it hard to dislike a tennis match when the ball is made of fire and the rackets are swords and spears and one of the guys is on a flying horse. -Siriay
#12Kil RashaPosted 11/28/2013 3:46:29 PM
AceMos posted...
i agree TC hero mode is not harder its just more anoying

harder woudl eb giving bosses new atacks and new AI scripts

harder woudl eb changing the enemy lay out abit

harder woudl be harder puzzels ect

Uh... no it is harder.

A game becomes harder when it becomes less easy to win.
---
I find it hard to dislike a tennis match when the ball is made of fire and the rackets are swords and spears and one of the guys is on a flying horse. -Siriay
#13l Dudeboy lPosted 11/28/2013 3:49:43 PM
So many babbies these days too used to games holding your hand and giving checkpoints every 5 minutes.
---
<b>You are now breathing manually.</b>
Lets put a little lead in the air, and see what falls over.
#14cream147Posted 11/28/2013 3:49:54 PM
I don't agree with tacking on hero mode as a way to pretend that a game has more lifespan than it does - but nevertheless, what are you doing going to Lorule with only 7 hearts? Given that you know that you're going to take 4x damage, you know the enemies deal more damage from your first playthrough, what were you thinking really? Get heart pieces, get fairies, don't get hit etc. etc. It kinda sounds like you just suck.
#15Kil RashaPosted 11/28/2013 3:50:55 PM
cream147 posted...
I don't agree with tacking on hero mode as a way to pretend that a game has more lifespan than it does

Yeah it should be available from the start.
---
#16Divine TonberryPosted 11/28/2013 3:54:50 PM
AceMos posted...

Or...harder is making enemies deal more damage?
---
You should aspire to live forever or die in the attempt.
#17LethalLalaPosted 11/28/2013 3:58:08 PM
Why does everyone have to attack people when they are having a hard time with a game? You guys are REAL cool because you can beat a game with out getting hit or dying, bet your parents are proud.

Anyway TC, just try to utilize your items and try to keep your distance, I'm on hero mode as well, I use the bow a lot and it helps, use your shielld as much as possible. I'd get the hyrian shield from turtle rock first that way you can block magical attacks as well. Either the shield or tunic will do you good.
#18ScontigPosted 11/28/2013 4:03:20 PM
What's a Taruso?

But, no, I get your point. To me, a "Hero mode" should do more than just instakill players. It should vary a lot of things and introduce trickier puzzles/challenges. It sounds like it's a bit of a lazy add-on.

I'm almost 100% done on the standard mode and won't bother with it for the reasons above. Though also I get bored of games fast, so even if I do attempt it, it won't be till next year. Better to allow time after finishing a game before playing it again.
#19SirzechsLuciferPosted 11/28/2013 4:04:31 PM
Divine Tonberry posted...
AceMos posted...

Or...harder is making enemies deal more damage?

That is only valid is you can't play through the entire game while only getting hit a few times... You shouldn't even be taking on hero mode unless you can go through the game without getting hit every five seconds. But damn sure not if you only have seven hearts going into lorule. Taking more damage only matters if you actually get hit. If you actually slow down and take your time; thinking about how much damage an enemy will do. Thinking about the best plan of action. and NOT playing the game like a hack-and-slash. My next challenge is Hero mode 3-heart run.
#20GoombacrusherPosted 11/28/2013 4:24:32 PM
Get better
Get more hearts and upgrades
Get bottles
---
kawaii!