Endgame Mother Maiamai questions (spoiler)

#11avengah(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 11:55:11 AM
Did you leave Lorule at all?
---
My Pre-Hooktail Pit Run of Paper Mario: TTYD without Mega Rush P!
Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5045EE00B4B9581F
#12valcfieldPosted 12/1/2013 11:59:13 AM
yzman posted...
GameAngel64 posted...
yzman posted...
I couldn't get her to leave. I beat the game even, not that it should matter since you can't save after it.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but did you collect all 100 maiamais? Also, even though technically you can't save after beating the game, it does remember to unlock Hero Mode for you regardless, so beating the game could theoretically trigger Mama Maiamai to leave as well.

Yes, yes I did. I also unlocked hero mode and then tried talking to her....still nothing.

having same issue. honestly thought this whole topic was a joke for awhile until i saw other sites at least also report this is a thing :)
#13yzmanPosted 12/1/2013 12:02:21 PM
avengah posted...
Did you leave Lorule at all?

How would I talk to her if I didn't leave Lorule?

Can anyone confirm that they got this to happen on the normal mode of the game?
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#14avengah(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 12:09:00 PM(edited)
Good point. Yeah, I did. As I said, it didn't happen straight away for me. Try doing some other stuff for a bit, or even just leave the game running somewhere waiting for Shadow Links. Maybe it's time elapsed.

But Zeldapedia confirms it's always the 72nd one that stays behind.

Try this: Go to the item shop in Lorule near where Mother Maiamai's cave would be in Hyrule and talk to the shopkeeper a couple of times. He mentions the fact that they can warp. He also says "ay lliw nihtemos yub" or something like that. Maybe you need to speak to him to get this info before it'll happen.
---
#15valcfieldPosted 12/1/2013 2:47:47 PM
avengah posted...
Good point. Yeah, I did. As I said, it didn't happen straight away for me. Try doing some other stuff for a bit, or even just leave the game running somewhere waiting for Shadow Links. Maybe it's time elapsed.

But Zeldapedia confirms it's always the 72nd one that stays behind.

Try this: Go to the item shop in Lorule near where Mother Maiamai's cave would be in Hyrule and talk to the shopkeeper a couple of times. He mentions the fact that they can warp. He also says "ay lliw nihtemos yub" or something like that. Maybe you need to speak to him to get this info before it'll happen.

huh had no idea about that dialogue. tried it a bit ago, no trigger yet. wonder what other dialogue triggers there might be that could be related for some reason (eg, playing in hero mode, i didn't do a lot of those dialogue pieces where you tell people where their missing friends are).
#16avengah(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 3:00:13 PM
I recommend saving the game, then talking to a couple of people and trying again. If it works, reload and talk to just one of those people and try again. Doing this, you can work out who you need to talk to to get it to happen. I did talk to everyone after saving the sages; the Hyrule Blacksmith after both Gulley and Rosso, the witch after Irene, the Zora in Zora's Domain after Oren, no-one as far as I know for Impa and Osfala (not even Sahasrahla's wife / housekeeper, but you could try talking to them anyway) and both Dampé and the priest for Seres.
---
#17valcfieldPosted 12/1/2013 3:57:07 PM
avengah posted...
I recommend saving the game, then talking to a couple of people and trying again. If it works, reload and talk to just one of those people and try again. Doing this, you can work out who you need to talk to to get it to happen. I did talk to everyone after saving the sages; the Hyrule Blacksmith after both Gulley and Rosso, the witch after Irene, the Zora in Zora's Domain after Oren, no-one as far as I know for Impa and Osfala (not even Sahasrahla's wife / housekeeper, but you could try talking to them anyway) and both Dampé and the priest for Seres.

no luck with any of those- other trigger i could maybe think of is the warp points themselves... definitely lazier about those in hero mode run...
#18avengah(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 5:28:07 PM(edited)
One more thought. Maybe it only happens once you've found everything. I'd missed a 100 Rupee chest near Turtle Rock, which I opened just before it happened.

If it's warp points, there are 9 vanes in Hyrule and 13 in Lorule. There are 28 portals but only 27 appear on the map (the one between the castles doesn't show). Well, that's what I've found, anyway.

Or it could be elapsed time; maybe 24h real time or a few hours play time, like the Shades? And you definitely don't need all Streetpass Medals.
---
#19valcfieldPosted 12/1/2013 7:31:59 PM
avengah posted...
One more thought. Maybe it only happens once you've found everything. I'd missed a 100 Rupee chest near Turtle Rock, which I opened just before it happened.

If it's warp points, there are 9 vanes in Hyrule and 13 in Lorule. There are 28 portals but only 27 appear on the map (the one between the castles doesn't show). Well, that's what I've found, anyway.

Or it could be elapsed time; maybe 24h real time or a few hours play time, like the Shades? And you definitely don't need all Streetpass Medals.

had missed about 5 of the portals, but have them now. nada. found a few treasure chests (and a treasure room, oy) that i also hadn't finished... so it's possible there are some i'm missing, though much less likely now. also, so random if it is tagged to finding *everything* for a little bit of dialogue.. i thought the warp points might make sense since dialogue is related to warping.

in terms of time- been camping shadow links since about last night so should have easily over 25 hours playtime at this point, just as an fyi. will update if it unlocks.
#20valcfieldPosted 12/1/2013 8:51:53 PM
avengah posted...

got it! walked back into link's house (may have been the first time since i sold the place out), got the dialogue bit from ravio about being bored, and walked back to maiamai and the scene triggered.