Worth buying?

#11_BTT_Posted 11/30/2013 4:39:01 PM
It's one of the worse Zelda games, but it's still a Zelda game. If you're really hurting in terms of money, and you're bought into the hype, you should probably wait.
---
Blades will bleed. Shields will shatter. But as the light fades, will The Hero rise again? Or will Darkness reign? ~ Zelda TP Trailer 1
#12AwesomeFawfulPosted 11/30/2013 4:44:32 PM
_BTT_ posted...
It's one of the worse Zelda games, but it's still a Zelda game. If you're really hurting in terms of money, and you're bought into the hype, you should probably wait.

What makes you say it's one of the worst?
---
Nothing to see here, move along.
#13_BTT_Posted 11/30/2013 7:11:40 PM
AwesomeFawful posted...
_BTT_ posted...

What makes you say it's one of the worst?

While it was enjoyable, the changes felt like it hindered the experience overall. The dungeons felt shallow, short, and unsatisfying, plot progression was nonexistent in Lorule, the item problem we've had since TP wasn't fixed, general lack of difficulty . . . don't get me wrong, it's an okay game, but in my opinion one of the worse ones in the franchise, compared to it's kin. Minish Cap and Spirit Tracks both had better dungeon designs, with better length and more satisfying payoff, and they had HALF the dungeons ALBW had. And they were just as long in total, in ST's case LONGER than ALBW.
---
Blades will bleed. Shields will shatter. But as the light fades, will The Hero rise again? Or will Darkness reign? ~ Zelda TP Trailer 1
#14JadeTorchwoodPosted 11/30/2013 7:22:29 PM
I have to say that A Link Between Worlds is one of my favorite Legend of Zelda games so far. It's on the easy side but it's still enjoyable. I like it better than A Link to the Past. The game is joining my list of favorite Zelda games along with Twilight Princess, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Spirit Tracks, Ocarina of Time, and Link's Awakening.
#15Dark_LawlPosted 11/30/2013 7:39:43 PM
There's no longer a need for Magic Cape/Cane of Byrna. Yellow Potion replicates them, and the upgrades of all the weapons, + the purple potion make the medalions obsolete as well. There's more to this game than even ALttP.

Anyway, the game is fantastic, and definitely one of the best Zelda's. Great dungeons, good bosses, tons of fun overall.
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#16Dark_LawlPosted 11/30/2013 7:53:39 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
It's the worst game I've ever played. Don't waste your money.

Didn't you love the game?
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#17LanceFlugermanPosted 11/30/2013 8:07:37 PM
Looks good, plays the same as link to the past. This game is very casual friendly.
---
lol my bot does the finniest ****
#18DylanYoshiPosted 11/30/2013 8:16:56 PM
Link's Awakening is my favorite 2D Zelda. This game is on the same tier.
#19Metal MulitiaPosted 11/30/2013 8:28:23 PM
LanceFlugerman posted...
Looks good, plays the same as link to the past. This game is very casual friendly.

Literately, they dumbed down the game a lot, if you want to pay $40, or $30 if it's still on sale at Kmart. I wouldn't recommend. I think most people like it over nostalgia and the whole going on walls adds a new element but seems like it's lacking something. I completely beat the game without scratching my head, the exploration element is pretty much gone with everything being open but feeling so small.
---
GT: skiizim psN: skiizim wiiFC: ? lazy to check
#20Hirokey123Posted 11/30/2013 8:40:04 PM
Easily the best Handheld Zelda and almost console level but not actually there because Console games are a fair bit larger.

Zeldafan59 posted...
Also, don't think (as I did) that this has the same greatness that is the original A Link to the Past. You won't be getting Quake, Bombos, or Ether spells. You won't be cruising around with your cool Magic Cape or using your awesome Magic Mirror to transport between worlds. No Cane of Somaria or Byrna either. I guess I expected the old game with additions, not things taken away.

Purple Potion is an ether medallion attack but it just kills everything rather than freezes still uses lightning.
Yellow Potion is the magic cape.
Sand Rod is pretty much like Somaria except a lot more useable in a fight and all around more creative for dungeon use.
Byrna is gone but we have the tornado rod which just all around more unique.

Metal Mulitia posted...
Literately, they dumbed down the game a lot, if you want to pay $40, or $30 if it's still on sale at Kmart. I wouldn't recommend. I think most people like it over nostalgia and the whole going on walls adds a new element but seems like it's lacking something. I completely beat the game without scratching my head, the exploration element is pretty much gone with everything being open but feeling so small.

Dumbed down by making it exactly like ALttP but with natural improvements like analogue movement? Because the only other true change is the energy meter and really that's basically not better or worse than just regular ammo and magic. Also no I heavily disagree with that, the exploration element is larger here than it ever has been. It's literally turned into an open world exploration, the exploration element is larger here than it has been in any Zelda sans the original legend of Zelda and there is more to find here than in the original ALttP by far.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me