Every game should have Sword/Tunic upgrades!

#1CKMogPosted 12/1/2013 4:54:13 PM
Does anyone else feel this way?

After playing through this game again, its just so fun to upgrade your weapons/armor. Why did they take that feature out of the newer games? The last 3 console games have had very little to none.

I don't like wearing the Green Tunic/Master Sword/Hylian Shield for the entire game. It's just fun to feel some character progression. Wind Waker was a huge let down in this regard. Same with Twilight Princess (Magic Armor was useless, as was the Zora Tunic)

it doesn't even have to be Red/Blue tunics in the future games. They just need to bring back getting new body armor or alternate weapons in general (Biggorons Sword/Gilded Sword).

/blogfaqs
#2uuurrrgghPosted 12/1/2013 4:57:05 PM
While the Sword upgrades have been around forever, I feel only one upgrade for the Tunic is best. Having 1/4 damage taken really killed the Final Boss' difficulty.
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
3DS FC: 3695-0592-2895
#3Dark_LawlPosted 12/1/2013 4:57:05 PM
I agree so much. That's why this feels so much like an action RPG, along with the open world.

Taking that away from Zelda was a bad move on Aonuma's part.
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#4Dark_LawlPosted 12/1/2013 5:02:15 PM(edited)
uuurrrggh posted...
While the Sword upgrades have been around forever, I feel only one upgrade for the Tunic is best. Having 1/4 damage taken really killed the Final Boss' difficulty.

Nah, not on Hero Mode.

Taking that away would be really bad.

Also, sword upgrades have been linear in most Zelda games of late. No optional ones at all to make you feel like you earned it on your own.
---
#5bcorneliaPosted 12/1/2013 4:59:34 PM
Zora Tunic was anything but useless.
---
This is an elite pirate
#6Soul59Posted 12/1/2013 5:03:07 PM
Yeah, but make them optional, like in OoT. Instead of auto replacing your current stuff.

And no more Magic Armor crap like in TP. That was horrible.
---
He who fights and runs away, lives to not have the f****** moon fall on him as an alternative - Tacitus
#7Dark_LawlPosted 12/1/2013 5:05:53 PM(edited)
Soul59 posted...
Yeah, but make them optional, like in OoT. Instead of auto replacing your current stuff.

And no more Magic Armor crap like in TP. That was horrible.

They are optional. You don't have to get them in this game nor ALttP/TLoZ/LA DX.

In OoT, they were only able to be switched on and off because they did little of importance to the whole game and were merely used for a single dungeon each, respectively.
---
#8Soul59Posted 12/1/2013 5:10:05 PM
Really? Don't respond if you don't understand the post.
---
He who fights and runs away, lives to not have the f****** moon fall on him as an alternative - Tacitus
#9Starwars4JPosted 12/1/2013 5:11:32 PM
CKMog posted...
Does anyone else feel this way?

After playing through this game again, its just so fun to upgrade your weapons/armor. Why did they take that feature out of the newer games? The last 3 console games have had very little to none.

Whaaaaat? The last two home console games had a huge amount of upgrades...hell Skyward Sword probably went a little overboard on upgrades to everything.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#10Banana Cream PiePosted 12/1/2013 5:12:03 PM
I have come to congratulate and agree with you TC

Same with Twilight Princess (Magic Armor was useless, as was the Zora Tunic)

well then you go and say something like that and now i'm just disappointed.
---
hi