Can someone explain to me why some people hate Eiji Aonuma?

#1JagusPosted 12/1/2013 8:03:26 PM
I've recently stumbled across some strange people who think Eiji Aonuma is the reason why the Zelda series has started to decline. However, he was a designer as early as OoT, and was in charge of what would go on to be the best Zelda ever, Majora's Mask.

So what exactly is the beef that people have with him?
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#2mzxrulesPosted 12/1/2013 8:05:00 PM
Because it took him this long to make A Link Between Worlds
#3GoombacrusherPosted 12/1/2013 8:06:38 PM
Generally they hate that he puts puzzles in his games, from what I've read
---
kawaii!
#4Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 8:08:04 PM
Goombacrusher posted...

Seriously? What is Zelda without its puzzles? >_>
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#5GoombacrusherPosted 12/1/2013 8:10:57 PM
Jagus posted...
Goombacrusher posted...

Seriously? What is Zelda without its puzzles? >_>

They liked Zelda 1 where the only puzzles were pushing a single block and bombing a wall >_>
---
kawaii!
#6Storm101Posted 12/1/2013 8:12:22 PM
His comment about not liking LoZ1 because he can't get past the first 5 minutes or something made retro Zelda fans angry. Hopefully ALBW staying true to ALttP helped that.
#7wilowns1Posted 12/1/2013 8:15:57 PM
Jagus posted...
I've recently stumbled across some strange people who think Eiji Aonuma is the reason why the Zelda series has started to decline. However, he was a designer as early as OoT, and was in charge of what would go on to be the best Zelda ever, Majora's Mask.

I'm sorry put please don't state that one of the Zelda games is the best ever. There is no fact proving that any of them are the "best" and the closest one that would be considered the best is Ocarina of Time. Based on popularity at least.

Twilight Princess, doe.
---
Living life in reality and fantasy. Official Alakazam of the Pokemon X Board.
3DS FC: 1762-3609-6974 Daniel
#8Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 8:18:34 PM
wilowns1 posted...
Jagus posted...

I'm sorry put please don't state that one of the Zelda games is the best ever. There is no fact proving that any of them are the "best" and the closest one that would be considered the best is Ocarina of Time. Based on popularity at least.

Twilight Princess, doe.

I'm pretty sure Majora's Mask has surpassed Ocarina of Time in popularity at this point. Or is at least very close to it. Of course, me saying MM is the best ever should just be taken as my opinion. I also happen to think SS is just as good as Ocarina.
---
#9MyDogSkipPosted 12/1/2013 8:21:43 PM(edited)
Jagus posted...
wilowns1 posted...
Jagus posted...

Twilight Princess, doe.

I'm pretty sure Majora's Mask has surpassed Ocarina of Time in popularity at this point. Or is at least very close to it.

You've gotta be kidding. You're too used to the vocal minority on the internet. The vast majority of people IRL aged 20-30 will prefer OoT.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#10Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 8:23:51 PM
MyDogSkip posted...
Jagus posted...
wilowns1 posted...
Jagus posted...

Twilight Princess, doe.

I'm pretty sure Majora's Mask has surpassed Ocarina of Time in popularity at this point. Or is at least very close to it.

You've gotta be kidding. You're too used to the vocal minority on the internet. The vast majority of people IRL aged 20-30 will prefer OoT.

The vast majority of people IRL probably haven't even played Majora's Mask, or any of the Zeldas afterwards. Why should their opinions be the only ones that count?

Poll this board. At least we know these people are active Zelda fans. Let's see what they think.
---