Help with sand rod

#11SupremeZeroPosted 12/1/2013 10:15:55 PM
Hirokey123 posted...
It's basically the cane of somaria except it can be used in battle. The sand rod's range was upgraded when you upgraded it and while it can only make pillars from sand if used on regular ground it actually release a small shockwave you can't really see. While that seems useless in fact it can be used as a long range stunning tool because anything in your target line will be stunned.

I've actually used the stun line in hero mode a fair bit.

>.> The Cane of Somaria CAN be used in battle. About a million times better than the Sand Rod, at that. 4 way fireballs beats a short range/slightly less short range stun attack any day.
---
There's always hope for better things in life. But you can't let anything, friend, lover, God himself, be your hope. You have to be your own hope.
#12deathscythe257Posted 12/1/2013 10:19:51 PM
mzxrules posted...
This is why Osfala was captured in the first place

---
Yes, this is a signature.
#13Hirokey123Posted 12/1/2013 10:20:54 PM
It's not a short range stun but true I forgot it can do a fireball thing when it vanishes.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#14yzmanPosted 12/1/2013 10:26:05 PM
I never used the upgraded sand rod but how does it make the sand rod treasure room super easy? I have heard people saying that and am having trouble what it would really do. The normal rod already makes infinite blocks of sand.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#15SupremeZeroPosted 12/1/2013 10:28:01 PM
yzman posted...
I never used the upgraded sand rod but how does it make the sand rod treasure room super easy? I have heard people saying that and am having trouble what it would really do. The normal rod already makes infinite blocks of sand.

Infinite duration.

Really, it's not that useful; any puzzle using the sand rod is engineered to be possible with the basic version. The Nice Sand Rod just gives you more time to run around and get up on top in case you weren't beelining it anyway.
---
There's always hope for better things in life. But you can't let anything, friend, lover, God himself, be your hope. You have to be your own hope.
#16HellsDrunkardPosted 12/1/2013 11:42:02 PM
You can walk across them but you can also use the painting ability to move across the sides of them. You will have to utilize both.
#17mzxrulesPosted 12/2/2013 3:09:50 AM
SupremeZero posted...

That would defeat the purpose of every puzzle it's made for. And completely render any sand capable of raising you up several levels. Changing it to a stairway would completely change the game to such an extent that the difference wouldn't be noticeable.

I get what you're trying to say, but the way you said it is complete gibberish.
#18Gamemaster64Posted 12/2/2013 6:51:07 AM
SupremeZero posted...
Gets you from point A to point B.

That's pretty much it. It's pretty useless as a weapon.

It good for those sink hole bug things. Turn them into one hit kills after they're out of their hole.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
3DS- 3308-4618-5127