Try to be civilized: I returned the game

#1AscendancyMMPosted 12/3/2013 6:39:58 PM
Sigh.

I don't know. I like Zelda but for some reason as the years go on I just keep distancing myself from it & it's come to a point with A Link Between Worlds that it seems Zelda is just not interesting/varied enough anymore. It's too similar for me every time. Always get the sword, always get the shield, always for the most part fight Ganon etc...

I ran into the same problem when I finally played Skyward Sword & it got so repetitious near the end of finding things in 3's & having to revisit areas constantly that I was almost out of my head when I finished it. I ended up selling the $100 Wii & Skyward Sword with other games immediately after.

So yeah, I don't know. I guess Zelda just isn't for me. It sounds very "high horse" to say I grew out of Zelda & it's gameplay but in all honesty, Zelda was decent when I was a kid but nowadays Zelda just hasn't gripped me or wowed me enough to truly feel worth the time anymore.

I guess games like Dark Souls & The Last of Us are where my heart resides. I need story with actual characters, plot with actual real world stakes that won't be so "cliche" & I need variety in what I'm doing. A Link Between Worlds felt like a chore between dungeons, the dungeons themselves were fun but I lost all drive once I reached Lorule.

I just can hope whenever a new Zelda comes out 'cause as of right now Zelda is really doing a lot of the same things over & over again. Super Mario 3D Land on the other hand was actually really fun surprisingly but that game shook it's gameplay designs enough with variety to keep it fresh all the way to the end.

My favourite Nintendo property is Pokemon & it's obviously very hypocritical of me to dislike Zelda when Pokemon is the same thing every time too. But I guess Pokemon resonates with me 'cause it has actual progression that is dictated by my own choices ranging from levels, natures, movesets & now clothing as well.

Again, I'm not saying Zelda is bad & I don't want to start a flame war but I just wanted to voice my opinions. Take with it as you will & I hope you guys enjoy the game.

I just feel like my time in Hyrule was never something I connected to. Thanks for reading.
---
3DS Friend Code: FC: 3024-5290-4836
PLAYSTATION NETWORK:
#2cucumberkingPosted 12/3/2013 6:41:37 PM
I like Dark Souls and agree that it tells its story well. Last of Us? Garbage game. Such a predictable waste of time.
---
Youtube: MilkmanYeti PSN Milkmanyeti or ThePantsCougar NintendoID: Milkmanyeti
#3ShadowSylisPosted 12/3/2013 6:42:47 PM
It is simple as this.

Legend of Zelda isn't for everyone. People will hate the game, others will love it, and some will say the game was okay.

You have your opinions of the game and that is all there is to say. Sorry you didn't like the game.
---
Tellah: You spoony bard! - Edward:I may be spoony, but I'm still alive at the end of the game!
#4Figuresk8erPosted 12/3/2013 6:43:13 PM
Its okay to feel that way, I understand how it can feel repetitious. Hopefully nobody judges too harshly :)
---
3DS FC: 3368-1510-4329
Andrew :)
#5khalahaleyPosted 12/3/2013 6:45:38 PM
Lol, playing too much Dark Souls CAN do this to you.

Meh, enjoy what you like, man. Cannot wait for Dark Souls 2~
---
fish
#6alucard4444Posted 12/3/2013 6:49:12 PM
Unfortunately, I think I might be going down this road as well. I didnt enjoy ALBW nearly as much as I hoped I would and Skyward Sword was even worse. I still have hope for the future though.
---
for your health
#7cucumberkingPosted 12/3/2013 7:02:22 PM
I feel Zelda and Dark Souls are really different, but people who like Zelda seem to like Dark Souls and vice versa.

Also, Dark Souls 2 is going to be awesome! That beta was sweet.
---
#8AscendancyMM(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 7:05:38 PM
I suppose I enjoy games that just challenge me in a way I have never been challenged before & I want to feel something that I couldn't otherwise get without that integral experience. I believe that's why Dark Souls is in my opinion the best game of the Ps3/360/Wii-Era.

I also love games like Uncharted 2, The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, Pokemon Diamond/White etc & more.

Zelda isn't bad, but I just don't resonate with it. I liked the idea of being able to tackle any dungeon you want in any order but the ability to rent any item in my opinion made progression even less important because they handed everything to you right away.

I also probably didn't enjoy Skyward Sword as much since it had a somewhat similar gameplay style to Dark Souls although much much much less tactical or fulfilling. I don't know. But then again, I'm the guy who also doesn't like Harry Potter whatsoever. So maybe I just don't connect to these things. Ah well! It's all good.

Thanks for understanding guys. =]
---
3DS Friend Code: FC: 3024-5290-4836
PLAYSTATION NETWORK:
#9uuurrrgghPosted 12/3/2013 7:05:47 PM
Shame, I thought the game was pretty good in both nostalgia bombing and new mechanics.

Ah well, you can't expect everybody to love it.
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
3DS FC: 3695-0592-2895
#10cucumberkingPosted 12/3/2013 7:43:14 PM
I go crazy over every Zelda, I've enjoyed every one except for Link's Awakening...what a chore.

It certainly isn't for everyone though. That's what makes gaming such a great hobby, so many options.
---