Poll: Did you get the Master Ore in Dark Palace without a guide?

#1Gargomon251Posted 12/7/2013 9:38:26 PM
Did you get the Master Ore in Dark Palace without a guide? - Results (237 votes)
No. I skipped that chest.
1.27% (3 votes)
No. I had to find an answer online or from a friend.
45.57% (108 votes)
Yes, but it took a lot of time and experimenting.
27.43% (65 votes)
Yes. I figured it out on my first try.
25.74% (61 votes)
This poll is now closed.
No discussion here please, we already have two threads about it. Simply vote in the poll, and if you feel like elaborating, put how you learned it. NO OPINIONS HERE, FACTS ONLY. I don't want to hear that it was "too easy" or "too hard" to figure out.
#2rayneotaconPosted 12/7/2013 9:43:27 PM
I'm between the third and fourth options. It took a couple minutes, but not enough to call it "a lot of time".
#3Gargomon251(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2013 9:47:02 PM
rayneotacon posted...
I'm between the third and fourth options. It took a couple minutes, but not enough to call it "a lot of time".

for the sake of the poll, "a long time" means sitting in that room for more than one minute. Since if you didn't get that chest, you'd go right to the next room.
#4NintendoRandomPosted 12/7/2013 9:53:50 PM
Yeah I found it on my own, had to come back to it the next day. With a clear fresh perspective I found it in less then five minutes though.
#5ShurikoPosted 12/7/2013 10:00:50 PM
The puzzle was so nonsensical that the only people who actually did it without a guide brute-forced it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/LYvhRJC.jpg http://i.imgur.com/U4YxEvh.png
#6MaetchPosted 12/7/2013 10:09:14 PM
Unfortunately, no. There really wasn't anything to telegraph the trick wall, so I had to suck in my pride and resort to this site.

I did find all 100 Maiamais on my own, though.
#7tonberrymastaPosted 12/7/2013 10:25:30 PM
Honestly, I found this with no problems...I don't even remember what the puzzle was to tell the truth.

The only room I had to look up in a guide was that one room on the west in the dark palace. This was because I had tried to bomb the platform as it lowered several times and for some reason it didn't take. Then the guide told me that this was the way to do things, and I kept trying and eventually it worked.
#8Gargomon251(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2013 10:33:24 PM
NintendoRandom posted...
Yeah I found it on my own, had to come back to it the next day. With a clear fresh perspective I found it in less then five minutes though.

Yeah but over a minute is a LONG TIME to spend on a puzzle in this game, unless it involves multiple trips around the room backtracking like the various gold/silver rupee caves.
#9jedinatPosted 12/7/2013 10:51:20 PM
Erm... I looked up which general location it was supposed to be in, but it still took me a while to figure it out, lol...
#10The ChowPosted 12/7/2013 10:56:06 PM(edited)
Incidentally, I remember coming across discussion about this before I accessed Lorule. I didn't remember that it was about the Master Ore, though. I certainly didn't remember which dungeon everyone was talking about, though. Dark Palace was actually the last of the Lorule dungeons I finished, too.

However, I also happened to notice the Helmasaur icon on the West wall on my way in because of the glowing walls indicating that I should be doing something with the wall. I figured this was what people were talking about and disappointed myself for spoiling something like that. Strangely, there was only Rupees in there, so I was sort of stumped as to why people were complaining about it.

A "natural" amount of time later, I randomly bombed the North Orb in the middle and walked over to the South side for no reason, and noticed the wall shifting. I tried moving the elevator up and dropping a bomb down, thinking it was an on/off trigger for the wall (or that I hallucinated the wall moving). I eventually tried my steps again and finally figured out that the opposite orb would open a wall on the other side... for both North and South sides.

So yes, you can sort of say I got it without a guide, since any hints I got about it were mostly gone and forgotten by the time I got there. I would've definitely completed the West wall, but it was mostly by sheer chance that I noticed the North/South walls moving.

PS. I actually had a harder time with that room with the fairies on 1F of that dungeon, lol. I was on the right track, with the bombs, but for some reason I never did it correctly.
---
"I dreamt that I was a 'Genie-Firefighter'! I fought fires and granted wishes!"