Unopenable Door in Link Awakening vs. Dark Palace Master Ore in ALBW

#11Rocky2418Posted 12/25/2013 1:43:45 PM
rayneotacon posted...
^ Over-reaction of the year

Not really. An over-reaction would've been more like, "How dare you say that?! (etc.)"

I suppose, considering how many topics there have already been regarding the difficulty of this puzzle, I'm just tired of people asserting that it flat out wasn't that hard. If you figured it out right away, then that's super. Why not just be pleased that you did so, and say "It wasn't difficult to me." Saying it wasn't difficult, period - at this point - is more or less factually untrue, as we have extensive statistics from threads and polls from a large number of players to show the results of players' experiences, who have explained their frustration in detail..

So I apologize if I'm somewhat tired of such statements, but I guess they're just unnecessary - and untrue - yet they continue to be made.
---
"Why is it so hard? ... Why can't you just take me? ... I don't have much to go... before... I fade completely..." - Kelly Clarkson
#12rayneotaconPosted 12/25/2013 1:45:23 PM
Please, point out where I insulted anyone. Go ahead, I'll wait.
#13MogMoogle1Posted 12/25/2013 1:47:11 PM
Probably not a insult, rather a misinterpretation.
---
~~~PSN: YukiSeraph // http://i.imgur.com/yfpgro1.gif
~~~3DS: 2277-7086-4316 // Aipom, Kecleon, Eevee
#14Rocky2418Posted 12/25/2013 2:10:02 PM
rayneotacon posted...
Please, point out where I insulted anyone. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Gladly.

rayneotacon posted...
But the Dark Palace chest wasn't even hard.

Rocky2418 posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/711412-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/68042273

Almost half of the 237 people who voted were unable to figure it out without looking it up. Hence, your statement would mean that half of the people who played this game were unable to solve a puzzle that "wasn't even hard". And keep in mind, these were all people who come to and participate in an online gaming forum to talk about the game - probably not the most casual of gamers, but rather, probably a lot of long-time Zelda players.

In addition, if you do a search for "dark palace" in this game's forum, six pages of threads come up, the far majority of which are regarding this one puzzle. (The game has only been out a month, mind you.) Whereas if you do a search for any other dungeon name, none of the others have more than two pages of threads.

So yeah, saying that this wasn't hard is insulting to the intelligence of any Zelda veterans who couldn't figure this out - and as the poll shows, that's a whopping percentage of them.

Perhaps you were unaware of all those threads, or that poll, and so didn't realize that. In which case, you didn't intend to insult anyone. Either way, the statement itself was insulting to a lot of people.

There's your answer - in-depth, and backed up by sources.
---
"Why is it so hard? ... Why can't you just take me? ... I don't have much to go... before... I fade completely..." - Kelly Clarkson
#15rayneotaconPosted 12/25/2013 2:38:39 PM
Wow. You are just... the worst researcher ever. Look at that topic you posted. Now look at who was THE FIRST PERSON TO REPLY. You're trying way too hard, man.
#16Rocky2418Posted 12/25/2013 2:59:05 PM
Uh... Okay? Yes, you were the first person to reply... I'm not understanding what possible bearing that has on anything. How does that invalidate the specifics of my answer, or make me the worst researcher ever?

Am I trying? Yes. I suppose I feel compelled to refute insults (even if they're indirect and likely not intentional), especially when they're in the form of untrue statements. But I don't feel I'm trying too hard, no.

I don't see what the huge issue is here. I have nothing against you - in fact, I've freely admitted that you likely had no intention to insult. But indirectly, in was still insulting, based on what many have experienced when trying to solve this puzzle. Let's just drop it, if possible.
---
#17Pikachu300Posted 12/25/2013 3:05:31 PM
How do u get the Dark Palace Ore?
---
1375-8350-6103 ACNL First and Permanent town: Pikachu from Pokepark ACNL Second and Cycling Town: Luigi from 3D Land. X/Y: Ash. Psychic Safari. LMDM: Luigi
#18rayneotaconPosted 12/25/2013 3:10:13 PM
Rocky2418 posted...
Uh... Okay? Yes, you were the first person to reply... I'm not understanding what possible bearing that has on anything. How does that invalidate the specifics of my answer, or make me the worst researcher ever?

By claiming I might not have known those topics existing, especially when the one you linked to showed yours truly front and center.

Am I trying? Yes. I suppose I feel compelled to refute insults (even if they're indirect and likely not intentional), especially when they're in the form of untrue statements. But I don't feel I'm trying too hard, no.

I don't see what the huge issue is here. I have nothing against you - in fact, I've freely admitted that you likely had no intention to insult. But indirectly, in was still insulting, based on what many have experienced when trying to solve this puzzle.

I'm not trying to insult anyone. I believe that puzzle is simpler than most people give it credit. Does that mean the people that got stuck are bad or stupid or anything? No. Not at all.

Let's just drop it, if possible.

I'm cool with this.
#19J-man45Posted 12/25/2013 10:33:35 PM
I didn't even realize at that point that there was supposed to be a major treasure in some of the dungeons. I usually don't get every chest in every dungeon in Zelda games (especially console ones) and I had no reason to believe it wasn't just rupees. I didn't know about Blue Mail, Hylian Shield, etc until i stumbled across looking up something else in the faq... So yeah it was hard.
---
"Troll in the dungeon! Thought you ought to know."
3DS Gamer! Online: MK7, LM:DM, KI:U, AC:NL 3DSFC: 2664-2702-4759 PM if you add me
#20banjo kazooiePosted 12/25/2013 10:51:21 PM
On the Dark Palace Ore, I only just found the fourth room hidden by a rotating wall (which is accessed from a different room than the other three). Surely that's the last one, right?
---
That's strange because reading it gave me Shonen level powers, a spiked hair cut, and Lupus. - SwordMasterEX