Yuga "Sephiroth theme" battle music not true to zelda franchise

#21TrevorBlackPosted 1/1/2014 8:00:00 AM
chibbymew posted...
Still feels like a Zelda to me. A bit fast, but that's probably me getting old (M&L: Dream Team feels kinda fast, too). Renting items felt odd at first, but it doesn't matter because all the GOOD stuff is still in dungeons.

IIRC (I've only played through once) you don't get any items out of dungeons. You get 4 equipment upgrades, but only one of those has any functionality beyond "reduce damage."

Yeah, I'm all but certain you only get the bracelet upgrade, the two mails, and the shield upgrade in dungeons. Literally every item except fruits and bottles are rented/sold to you.

For me, Zelda was never about the items. It was about exploring the overworld and dungeons. My gripe is that the dungeons were a bit small/short.

I'd say it's about all of the above. The dungeon loots are a pretty substantial part of the Zelda formula, to say the least. Getting an item in the dungeon is half the motivation to explore dungeons in the first place. The most awesome feeling in a Zelda game is walking out of a newly conquered dungeon and saying "now I can go get those pieces of heart I saw that require X item!"
---
There are many paths in life. Just because someone is not on yours does not mean he has lost his way.
#22ALinkAlonePosted 1/1/2014 2:32:57 PM
"So much logic.

"Not going to bother responding to someone who completely demolishes my pathetic excuse for an argument"

Fixed for ya.

Nice to see you're so pathetic at the series that you weren't aware that one of the seminal titles in the franchise is exactly what you are railing against...

See, that's the thing- your screwed up little vision not only conflicts with the way Zelda's own creator approved, but also with prior games in the series itself. Yet you come in here and proclaim your own little unsupported viewpoint as what is "true to the Zelda franchise". And you call a person a troll who calls you out on your arrogance.

And you still have nothing to back your viewpoint up, too.
#23bcorneliaPosted 1/1/2014 2:40:13 PM
The TC is a troll, people need to just ignore him.
---
This is an elite pirate
#24TrevorBlackPosted 1/1/2014 3:00:23 PM(edited)
Like I said:

TrevorBlack posted...
ALinkAlone posted...
-snip-

So much butthurt. Not going to bother responding to a flaming troll. When you can behave like an adult, we'll see.

Edit: I also invite you to educate me. Which title is it that gives you all the typical dungeon loot before completing all the dungeons again? Which title is it again that homogenizes all the ammo into "stamina" and then arbitrarily tacks on all other items' use?

See, you don't know what you're talking about, because you don't know what I'm talking about. I never "railed against" anything - I said it wasn't true to the franchise's established pattern - and it isn't. This is an indisputable fact, because no other Zelda title has done this. Now, that comment in and of itself is neither positive nor negative, and you had to draw a baseless assumption in order to conclude that I was "railing against" it. You're just so obviously itching to "pwn" someone on the internet over an opinion about a video game that you're inventing things to get offended by. It's pathetic. Grow up and come talk to me when you want to have a discussion rather than a flame war.
---
There are many paths in life. Just because someone is not on yours does not mean he has lost his way.
#25REMercsChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 4:59:20 PM
bcornelia posted...
The TC is a troll, people need to just ignore him.

That's a good one, seeing as how I've actually contributed productively to this thread while there is an actual troll trying to derail my thread.
---
Proud and secure True Gamer
#26ExkalipoorPosted 1/1/2014 5:14:02 PM
Sephiroths theme is actually "Those Chosen by the Planet",
#27Council_of_RagePosted 1/1/2014 10:42:15 PM
I didn't think it was out of place at all. Great music, very suitable for the scene.
---
~ Team WiiOne ~
GOTY 2012: ZombiU - GOTY 2013: Super Mario 3D World
#28ALinkAlonePosted 1/1/2014 11:38:43 PM
"The TC is a troll, people need to just ignore him."

Yeah, I figured that out a while ago when he claimed to be a Zelda expert but couldn't recognize Zelda II even when hints were tossed out at him.
#29ZBug_Posted 1/2/2014 12:15:53 AM(edited)
TrevorBlack posted...
ALinkAlone posted...
-snip-

So much butthurt. Not going to bother responding to a flaming troll. When you can behave like an adult, we'll see.

says the guy who thinks he decides all the rules for what makes a Zelda game.
Tell me, what other Zelda game has a leveling up system?
Which other Zelda game allows you to play as both a child and an adult?
Which other Zelda game allows you to transform into various forms using masks?
How many Zelda game allows you traverse an overworld in the form of an ocean? I can only think of two.
Which other Zelda game allows you to use a train as a method of traveling?
Which other Zelda game allows you to transform into a wolf?
Which other Zelda game allows you to soar through an sky overworld on the back of a giant bird?

My point is, all Zelda games have something that make them unique from one another, but you're going to try and tell me that they aren't traditional Zelda games because they don't all do that?

Try harder, you're calling other people a troll and saying they can't behave like an adult, when you're the ignorant, arrogant child in this situation.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" - Light Yagami
NNID: LLBCrook - PSN: ZBugCrook
#30TrevorBlackPosted 1/2/2014 12:24:06 AM
ZBug_ posted...
says the guy who thinks he decides all the rules for what makes a Zelda game.

Literally crying over an opinion.

Tell me, what other Zelda game has a leveling up system?
Which other Zelda game allows you to play as both a child and an adult?
Which other Zelda game allows you to transform into various forms using masks?
How many Zelda game allows you traverse an overworld in the form of an ocean? I can only think of two.
Which other Zelda game allows you use a train as a method of traveling?
Which other Zelda game allows you transform into a wolf?
Which other Zelda game allows you soar through an sky overworld on the back of a giant bird?

At least half of these are common complaints about their respective games. What are you trying to establish?

That aside, how many of those entries gave you nearly everything after completing the first dungeon? How many of those removed dungeon functionality and destroyed character progression with a singular change?

My point is, all Zelda games have something that make them unique from one another, but you're going to try and tell me that they aren't traditional Zelda games because they don't all do that?

Several of those aren't true to the series "traditional" format. This isn't an inherently negative criticism, so I can only guess as to why you're reacting to it so defensively.

Majora's Mask is an enormous deviation from the standard. Zelda 2 is as well, but I don't really count that because not only is it a good game in itself, it's the second entry. You know, before there was an established standard format.

But through those changes and different incarnations, for better or worse, dungeons were still dungeons. Some bad, some good, obviously. But you still got meaningful rewards for exploring them. Excepting Zelda 2, they all had the map as an item to collect, rather than inexplicably knowing the dungeon layout when you first enter. Most games had at least one or two dungeons that presented a challenge. I typically expect Zelda dungeons to take me about an hour to complete, with the challenging ones adding another half-hour. Nearly all of these were 20 minute cakewalks, and the "challenging" dungeon (Ice Ruins) still only took maybe an hour.

Try harder, you're calling other people a troll and saying they can't behave like an adult, when you're the ignorant, arrogant child in this situation.

Please quote anything I've said that was "ignorant."
Please also quote anything I've said that was "arrogant." Mind, I have insulted absolutely no one in this thread, and your first interaction with me is to call me an "arrogant child." Nevermind ALinkAlone's behavior. You really want to tell me he isn't outright flaming in the post I snipped?

Seriously, you're getting butthurt over an opinion on a message board that you disagree with. You're getting all personal about this, as if I were insulting you. I'm not even insulting this game. I like this game. I just don't consider it to be the second coming, and I will openly acknowledge its flaws. I think you really need to check your bias if you're getting this worked up.
---