Hero Mode Damage Increase

#1netj999Posted 1/7/2014 12:08:31 AM
So I heard that in hero mode the enemies do three times the damage. Does the. 3x dmg start later in the game as I just got the ability to merge with walls and so far every hit has only done double damage.
#2LontaBeansPosted 1/7/2014 12:29:36 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/711412-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds
This might help.
---
Playing) Pokemon X and Y (3DS) | A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
In-Game Names: Lonta | 3DS FC: 1289-8495-8484 | Pokemon X/Y **Cloner** (PM me)
#3Hirokey123Posted 1/7/2014 2:25:49 AM
Hero mode enemies are doing 4x the damage to you not double and not triple. Hero mode quads the damage so you're doing your math wrong TC.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#4LontaBeansPosted 1/7/2014 2:39:22 AM
Hirokey123 posted...
Hero mode enemies are doing 4x the damage to you not double and not triple. Hero mode quads the damage so you're doing your math wrong TC.

I think TC's drunk. Amen.
---
Playing) Pokemon X and Y (3DS) | A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
In-Game Names: Lonta | 3DS FC: 1289-8495-8484 | Pokemon X/Y **Cloner** (PM me)
#5DoomsSDPosted 1/7/2014 2:48:08 AM
Yeah, the quad damage increase makes the earlier game tough but if you're playing Hero mode the same way as Normal mode ie getting the Heart Pieces and Blue/Red Mail, by the time you get a few dungeons out of the way it does get a lot easier.

Red Mail on Hero Mode brings your damage intake back to Normal Modes Green Tunic level but you get that very late in the game.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
http://i.imgur.com/k4HdivZ.gif
#6holychampPosted 1/7/2014 2:54:24 AM
as someone who beat hero mode twice (once was a no blue/red tunic and no sword upgrades......... thats hard enough no 3 heart run for me tyvm) I must say the hardest part is the first few dungeons and some of the lorule mini boss rooms. For instance most of the time you would want to start with the theif one first since its one of the most forgiving dungeons to start with the mini boss WILL one shot you unless you went searching high and low for every heart piece you could find. Another part in hero mode that might be a tad..... hard is the boss of the ice ruins since he does an absurd amount of damage. even with most of the heart pieces he will almost one shot you.
---
AW DoR FC: 017304890953
#7sifer2Posted 1/7/2014 9:17:16 PM
The first two dungeons were unforgiving. But if you focus on getting heart pieces, and bottles full of fairy/potion it's not so bad. Do the water temple first for Blue Tunic, and you win.