Hero Mode is weird, and a tad underwhelming.

#1KaitengiriXIIIPosted 1/11/2014 8:31:31 AM
I liked the game, but Hero Mode just seemed off to me. Sure you take 4x damage, but you shouldn't be getting hit enough for that to matter, at least until certain bosses and/or Treacherous Tower. And hearts are back, unlike previous Hero Modes.

In Skyward Sword, the dialogue in the early game was geared to acknowledge you already know what you're doing when you elect to play Hero Mode. I haven't the money for a Wii U, so I can't say anything about Wind Waker's Hero Mode.

Except for Ravio's Diary (that shouldn't be a spoiler if you're on a thread that only contains postgame content) and the end screen, does Hero Mode HAVE more point to it other than bragging rights?

Oh, and by the way, this is the same poster as "legendofmario28." I just stopped liking the name because it, appropriately, sounds like a 12 year old came up with it.
#2ZanderKaboosePosted 1/11/2014 10:20:41 AM
Not helping at all, but I kinda like the moniker "legendofmario", and I'm 25. No shame in your old name!

And I also was unaware that hearts were in Hero mode...
---
See my opinion is superior because I refuted your statement without actually arguing anything. ~JDM_Jev
#3DustyShouriPosted 1/11/2014 10:54:34 AM
In Wind Waker(I don't know about the HD version), the second quest mode doesn't change dialog in the way of accepting you are experienced(I really wish they would though in every Zelda. It's kind of stupid to go through all the tutorial stuff on a second quest), but Link understands ancient Hylian. So all the foreign dialog from the likes of the Deku Tree and such can be understood the second time around.

As for difficulty, to each their own. I find it quite difficult, especially in dungeons. The beginning is a hell of a hump, being able to sustain only two hits before dying is quite challenging. Sure, other people may find it easy, but can Nintendo really cater to every single persons skill level?
#4Chaos GenesisPosted 1/11/2014 10:57:06 AM
KaitengiriXIII posted...
I liked the game, but Hero Mode just seemed off to me. Sure you take 4x damage, but you shouldn't be getting hit enough for that to matter, at least until certain bosses and/or Treacherous Tower. And hearts are back, unlike previous Hero Modes.

Not everyone plays as well as you do.
---
3DS: 1204-0469-8787 (David @ Iacon) | AC:NL Dream Address: 5900-3217-4055
Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Flying (Farfetch'd, Hoothoot, ?)
#5Misha-HeartPosted 1/11/2014 11:17:46 AM
DustyShouri posted...
In Wind Waker(I don't know about the HD version), the second quest mode doesn't change dialog in the way of accepting you are experienced(I really wish they would though in every Zelda. It's kind of stupid to go through all the tutorial stuff on a second quest), but Link understands ancient Hylian. So all the foreign dialog from the likes of the Deku Tree and such can be understood the second time around.

As for difficulty, to each their own. I find it quite difficult, especially in dungeons. The beginning is a hell of a hump, being able to sustain only two hits before dying is quite challenging. Sure, other people may find it easy, but can Nintendo really cater to every single persons skill level?

Link doesn't, in the story sense, it's just so the player can know what they're saying.

Three Hearts for the whole game is a massive pain, because once you enter Lorule, everything starts one-shotting you.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Oh Poor soul who has lost their love, I will make your heart race once more!
#6Da DoodPosted 1/11/2014 12:02:07 PM
WWHD Hero mode is no big deal. In Wind Waker you take 1/4 damage from most things, so losing 1/2 heart per hit still isn't bad.
---
And this time!
#7yzmanPosted 1/12/2014 12:33:08 AM
Actually WWHD hero is quite tedious. You don't have healing of any kind except potions so if you take a little bit of damage you need to waste a potion/fairy to heal it or go to a fairy fountain.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."