hero mode as first playthrough

#11ZeldaTPLinkPosted 1/12/2014 1:03:03 PM(edited)
Most enemies on Hyrule will take 2 hearts from you, and enemies in Lorule can take anything from 4 to 12 hearts. Even the most common moblin soldier will easily take 8 hearts just by bumping on you. You will stop carrying fairies as soon as you get to Lorule because they are pointless, and towards the end of the game you'll have to grind on ingredients to keep buying the gallons of blue potion you'll be using. At a certain point of the game, you'll have to make a decision on whether to go get a certain bottle to be able to carry more blue potion, or to do it later because the monsters who guard that bottle can kill you in one hit.

But if you think Zelda games are too easy, go ahead. Hero Mode will actually force you to use strategy and dodging skills to survive.
#12UnrivaledKoopaPosted 1/12/2014 1:08:07 PM
No reason why you can't. The only difference outside combat gameplay is a book that's in the Lorule version of Link's house. Don't read it if you don't want to be "spoiled".
---
I never wanted to be a serial killer, anyway.
I wanted to be... a LUMBERJACK! - Dexter Morgan
#13xdifferentx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2014 9:03:36 PM
UnrivaledKoopa posted...
No reason why you can't. The only difference outside combat gameplay is a book that's in the Lorule version of Link's house. Don't read it if you don't want to be "spoiled".

lol thanks for the warning... anything else?
---
3DS 0619-4418-8834
#14NintendoDudeGuyPosted 1/15/2014 10:30:29 AM(edited)
ZeldaTPLink posted...
You will stop carrying fairies as soon as you get to Lorule because they are pointless, and towards the end of the game you'll have to grind on ingredients to keep buying the gallons of blue potion you'll be using. At a certain point of the game, you'll have to make a decision on whether to go get a certain bottle to be able to carry more blue potion, or to do it later because the monsters who guard that bottle can kill you in one hit.

Fairies are, at least, one free hit as they revive you with some hearts (6, was it?). And so enemies that kill you in one hit will not with fairies.
I just used nothing but fairies because I wouldn't worry about when to heal, I'd just worry about when my free hits ran out.
---
"Please... never do anything as crazy as that again...."
"...I'll think about it."