Did you die at all?

#21WereshovelPosted 4/1/2014 9:14:21 PM
games easy, never died, same map as TLOZ:ALTTP
---
It's going down. I'm yelling 'Tindo. You better move. You better touch. Please understand. My body's ready. Please understand. Third place in sales.
#22Rocky2418Posted 4/1/2014 10:56:33 PM
No deaths (that is, game overs) in either normal or hero; and yet, I make no claim that the game was 'too easy'. Guess mine isn't the typical mindset - by which I mean the 'this game didn't kill me over and over so it's too easy' one. :-)

Anyway, I'm a very cautious type of player. I always try very hard for no game overs, even on a first time playing through a game. (For that reason, Spirit Tracks can suck it. So many OHKO opportunities; I got my first game over in the first phase - on the train, of course - of the final battle. Wasn't that swell...) So I always carry as much help as I can - potions, fairies, etc. Hence, normal mode didn't give me a whole lot of trouble. Hero mode, on the other hand, was extremely tenuous and stressful. Especially the beginning parts of the game, when I only had 3 hearts, no bottles, and every single enemy did 2 hearts damage - nearly daredevil mode. I think a fairy had to revive me once; the rest of the time, I used plenty of potions to keep me going. Had numerous close calls - again, mostly early in the game. But yeah, if hero mode couldn't satiate the appetite of extreme-difficulty-seekers, then...it's safe to say the Zelda series won't ever successfully do so. 'Cause it was more than difficult enough, IMO.
---
"Why is it so hard? ... Why can't you just take me? ... I don't have much to go... before... I fade completely..." - Kelly Clarkson
#23mrjack3112Posted 4/1/2014 11:16:09 PM
Anyone just hate fighting the soldier at the bottom of the hill in front of Links house? Everytime i goto attack him my sword goes right over his head and he gets all the hits on me.
#24Rocky2418Posted 4/2/2014 8:56:05 AM
Yup, I know exactly what you mean. You win again, elevation disparity...
---
"Why is it so hard? ... Why can't you just take me? ... I don't have much to go... before... I fade completely..." - Kelly Clarkson
#25hatemakingnamesPosted 4/5/2014 1:23:57 PM
Just the first time I encountered those fire breathing things I didn't have many hearts and they 1 shot me...
---
This always turns off after a month or two and I never remember the link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/?throwback=1
#26Ansem_the_evilPosted 4/8/2014 3:43:13 AM
No it was to easy to stay alive in this game
---
My 3DS FC: 0216-2224-5730
AC: New Leaf dream code: 7200-2427-9939
#27SplatulatedPosted 4/8/2014 11:06:07 PM
apparently I only died twice

but im sure was a lot more why didnt the game count faerie deaths too and not just game overs D: ?
---
-----
posting this because that one guy keeps spamming it everywhere thought I'd save him the effort and do it my self http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OpdxlK1SKr0
#28Sentinel07Posted 4/9/2014 2:35:37 PM
Nope. I followed a guide from start to finish.

I didn't want to bother with having to grind for more rupees to buy more items.
#29MogKnightAzurePosted 4/17/2014 6:12:12 AM
Only played normal so far. No deaths unless you count the max'd out shadow link I fought back before I even got the bow. I think that really added to my experience, I got to see how strong I could become, and it became a goal to work for, the shadow link shot beams at me and then ultimately just did a great spin to destroy me.
---
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro
#30BlueMage82Posted 4/17/2014 10:50:57 AM
Died a few times on normal but since I suck at this type of games I decided not to attempt hero, heh.