Does this game and any of the 2D Zeldas have annoying puzzles like SS?

#1HakuMan111386Posted 4/7/2014 4:35:59 PM
Isle of Songs...*shudder*
#2Lonta_BeansPosted 4/7/2014 4:38:53 PM
You know, nachos are very gooey. I wonder why... .-.
---
http://i.imgur.com/IxcPvIk.jpg - This is my cat GFAQs, and you can't have her :3
#3HakuMan111386(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 3:34:16 AM
bump.
#440DribylfPosted 4/8/2014 11:13:57 AM
Nope. The puzzle are simple and engaging, not longwinded and tedious.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#5Sentinel07Posted 4/9/2014 2:38:13 PM
Isle of Songs gave you trouble? That was one of SS's easier puzzles, especially when you compare to the Ancient Cistern and the Sandship.

Anyway, this game's puzzles are just obvious. In other words, they're easy enough to blow by in minutes.
#6DavidFathPosted 4/10/2014 7:55:51 PM
Some of the best puzzles out there. Not too frustrating but still makes you think. And it's so satisfying when you figure them out.
#7Lord_IchmaelPosted 4/10/2014 9:07:24 PM
Some require manipulating enemies into hitting switches for you. I was stumped on the first one because I was so used to enemies walking onto/hitting switches doing nothing in all previous games that I didn't bother trying.
---
3DS: 1779-0958-5275 Pokemon Y IGN: Ichmael
Member of the Official Good Trader/Cloners/Breeders/Non-Scammers Guild
#8ChespinPlushPosted 4/11/2014 8:16:56 PM
The original Zelda and Zelda II focused almost exclusively on combat. Puzzles in Zelda 1 generally amount to guide-dang-it-type guessing games and simple mazes. Zelda II has even less of that, but there's still the occasional false wall or invisible screen transition to trial-and-error your way through.

A Link to the Past probably has the best mix (in my opinion). The game is still very much combat-focused, but the puzzles and labyrinthine nature of the dungeons take several noticeable steps up while not being all that overwhelming. Link's Awakening, on the other hand, has some very confusing dungeons in its latter half and more than any of the three games before it heavily incorporates puzzles and mazes into its challenges.

Generally, in every Zelda from Link's Awakening on, you can expect a high focus on puzzles, obscurity, and cleverness. ALBW is definitely a throwback to its predecessor's more straightforward philosophy, but the modern Zelda-ness of the puzzles is definitely lurking around a few corners.
---
F to the L to the A to the R to the E!
F-L-A-R-E! We bring it! You know it!
#9MogKnightAzurePosted 4/17/2014 12:09:42 PM
Almost every time I was wondering how to get a certain chest or pass some other obstacle, it was something to do with merging with the walls with Link's basic new ability in this game.

"Oh I see, I use the sand rod to raise this pillars... but they're too high, I can't get on top of them.. what do I do n- ohhhhhhhhhhhh there we go!"

I also thought that I was expected to get the pegasus boots to jump the gap next to the witch's hut to get to the Zora cave. Ended up exploring just about everywhere else before coming back and realizing I had the power to get across this all along.
---
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro
#10HeroicSomaCruzPosted 4/19/2014 7:54:15 PM
Puzzles in this game are great.

Puzzles in Skyward Sword, along with most everything else in that game, just sucked.
---
Follow me on Miiverse! NNID: OgnarPliskin
My Gameplay videos! Fighting Games, Nintendo, Dark Souls, and more. http://www.youtube.com/user/OgnarPliskin