no horse, no boat, no train, no loftwing

#21Stupid Pirate GuyPosted 4/18/2013 3:58:35 PM
It would make a lot of sense to have a horse in this game. He's got a horse in the intro to Oracles.
---
Guybrush is my homeboy.
#22SMASHKING84Posted 4/18/2013 5:14:23 PM
the horse was fine,imo
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QNlyHfoI90
http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this
#23hogman200Posted 4/18/2013 5:25:33 PM
MrOmegaBomber posted...
Back in my day we didn't need any warping or animals to carry us across the world. We had to walk around the world. Gamers have gotten too soft for their own good nowadays.

this is true remember how hard it was to find the last dungeon in the first game
still if the game has a huge world i dont see why they shouldnt put in something to cut the travel time down. like a blue bear with wings
---
going crazy isnt half as bad as you think
it fixed a lot of thing 4 me
#24EbonMagicianPosted 4/18/2013 6:27:46 PM
druskie posted...
just walking from A to B in a seamless, open world. thoughts.

Thank god. back to good old zelda. but if this is like ALTTP, then we will have the ocarina for teleporting to... bird points?
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel Wii U: Bernkastel
message me if you add me. yes, there is a spelling difference between my psn and wiiu
#25MamoruNoHakkyouPosted 4/18/2013 6:50:27 PM
Tiael posted...
He had a horse in the beginning of OoX before getting transported to Holodrum.
This game is a direct sequel to ALttP, and comes before OoX.

Mayhaps he'll find Epona, maybe utilize another horse.

O.o Where did you get that info? Source?
---
And the story goes on...
forever.
#26MooglePeruPosted 4/18/2013 6:51:34 PM
O.o Where did you get that info? Source?

Hyrule Historia? The freaking intro of the Oracles?
---
King of the Zelda Wii U Board
Mog can go **** himself - Members of the ZWU Board
#27MamoruNoHakkyouPosted 4/18/2013 6:58:41 PM
I meant this part...

not the rest.
---
And the story goes on...
forever.
#28druskie(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 7:45:07 PM
MamoruNoHakkyou posted...
I meant this part...

not the rest.

reggie said it.
---
Link To The Past 2, coming this holiday season!
1590-4738-3583=3ds freind code
#29MamoruNoHakkyouPosted 4/18/2013 8:09:27 PM
druskie posted...
I meant this part...

not the rest.

reggie said it.

In the Nintendo Direct? No he didn't. He said it was a brand new game that takes place in the Link to the Past game world. He said nothing about if it is actually Hyrule proper or when it takes place. I am not trying to argue this I am just trying to find out where this information is coming from.
---
And the story goes on...
forever.
#30Mr StickPosted 4/18/2013 11:36:24 PM
Back in my day we didn't need any warping or animals to carry us across the world. We had to walk around the world. Gamers have gotten too soft for their own good nowadays.

Except that never happened in your day.

Zelda - Recorder warps to dungeons; Also stairs on the overworld.
ALttP - Flute warps you to select locations; Also waterways in the Light World (primarily).
LA - Ocarina warps you to Crazy Tracy's. There were also warp holes around the world.
OoT - Songs for each dungeon
MM - Song of Soaring
Oracles - Gale Seeds

So unless you *only* played Zelda 2, or your day consists of Four Swords or FSA, you could always warp in Zelda.

druskie posted...
I meant this part...

not the rest.

reggie said it.

In the Nintendo Direct? No he didn't. He said it was a brand new game that takes place in the Link to the Past game world. He said nothing about if it is actually Hyrule proper or when it takes place. I am not trying to argue this I am just trying to find out where this information is coming from.

The official Japanese game, via the Japanese Nintendo Direct, calls the game A Link to the Past 2. That implies directly after ALttP.

If that's not enough, Bill Trinen, when asked about the North American name also being a "2" said "it -does- take place after A Link to the Past".

The only logical spot in the timeline "after ALttP" and the terrain still looking the same where it would make sense is between ALttP and Oracle of Seasons. The Oracles and LA take place back-to-back, so it can't be between them. They are also all the same Link in all 4 games.

After Link defeated Ganon (presumably in Hyrule in ALttP, as opposed to in Labrynna), Hyrule entered the Golden Era of peace until the tragedy of Zelda (Zelda 2's backstory). Link's whereabouts after LA are also unknown (likely died at sea with a goofy grin on his face).

It's not out of the realm of possibility, but it probably takes place immediately after ALttP as opposed to after Link's Awakening.
---
~ I'm Always Fighting the Gravity ~
360: MoldyClay87 ;; 3DS: 3050-8737-8491