How long is this game?

#1megamanzero1000Posted 7/3/2013 5:24:33 PM
Is it basically 4 areas?
#2SupahJemPosted 7/3/2013 10:22:39 PM
You can beat the game in 2 hours if you're a pansy and lock the castle everytime so you pretty much teleport to the boss rooms once you find them once.

I think that takes most the fun out of it though so I've never locked the castle.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: SupahJem
#3BicassoPosted 7/4/2013 3:58:49 AM
I think finishing this game, fresh, in 2 hours is very unlikely due to the scaling of monsters. The Final boss has like 2.5k hp or something and like 150 raw damage, gl finishing the game from level 0 in 2 hours.

If you're good at games, you can probably get your first win in 3-5 hours. There is a lot of repaly-ability in NG+ mode and just wiping your data in 6 months and playing again. Try the demo, if you like the game then get it. You'll get at least 10 hours, if not 20 or more out of it.
---
teehee i bumped this!
#4MelvinSmileyPosted 7/7/2013 8:09:41 AM
I'm at 22 hours and just upto the final boss now.

I've only just started upgrading the stats now, I maxed out all the non main stat perks first. So doing it that way probs added 5 to 7 hour sof playtime for me lol.
---
If it can't be fixed with pantyhose and fencing wire, it's not worth fixing.
PSN: PointHrO STEAM: PointHrO
#5gaara999999Posted 7/7/2013 8:21:06 AM
SupahJem posted...
You can beat the game in 2 hours if you're a pansy and lock the castle everytime so you pretty much teleport to the boss rooms once you find them once.

I think that takes most the fun out of it though so I've never locked the castle.

Beating it in 2 hours on your very first playthrough is not going to happen.

Also, the current speedrun record is under 20 minutes, 2 hours is a pretty generous time.
---
Your Existance is a plothole - Kaiolini
You aren't on YouTube so this makes your topic not real so hurhurhur. -Drekerr
#6Stev019Posted 7/7/2013 12:33:24 PM
I had 18:31 when I finished the first time. I did a lot of gold farming though cause I found it fun to clear and learn how to fight enemies and whatnot. Kinda just tanked the last boss with a barbarian though, which wasn't the most fun ever but meh.

New game plus seems much harder! So It looks like there's replayability too.
---
Who cares about all the blood when there's pickled babies?
#7gamesmasterwanttobePosted 7/7/2013 12:39:59 PM
depends so much on your skill at the game. I just watched a video on youtube where some guy cleared the whole game from level 0 to the final boss in just over 24 minutes, no joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-ohknjrJ2k

This guy is insanely good though, I am probably about average at the moment having practised quite a lot and having already invested about 8-9 hours into the game. I am really struggling though in some areas and have to keep practising to get better and to beat those areas, and it will take me several more hours. I imagine most people will take about 15-20 hours to run through it first time, then of course they have the challenge of NG+....
It's great fun though, definitely worth the price!
---
"I have a Girlfriend who is 13 years younger than me - Back of the net!"- Alan Partridge
FC (Trades/Battles) 5414 2981 6170
#8gamesmasterwanttobePosted 7/7/2013 1:04:00 PM
I also wanted to say that this game is great because there are 2 things drawing you in, the game itself and beating the bosses, then trying to get all the unlocks by getting all the different runes and blueprints :D
---
"I have a Girlfriend who is 13 years younger than me - Back of the net!"- Alan Partridge
FC (Trades/Battles) 5414 2981 6170