Hedgehog's curse

#1mvgc3Posted 7/3/2013 10:08:43 PM
Does anyone else think this should work differently? It's obviously an homage to Sonic, but it really doesn't truly reflect the games. You only loose a smallish percentage of money from each hit, and you don't gain any benefits (which sort of goes against the "pray for assistance" line).

I think you should drop ALL your money, but as long as you have even 1 coin you won't die. To that end, there'd also need to be a timer on the dropped coins, or at the very least some should be removed after each hit (maybe the same percentage that is currently dropped).

Of course this is mostly a "what if" topic. I realize that it most likely won't happen, especially being posted on GameFAQs and not the developer's website (or somewhere else they might see; I've heard they sometimes use Reddit).

Anyway, what do you think? It would make it a powerful, though potentially costly, power/item while also being truer to it's influence.
---
I can't tell you how to not destroy your console, but I sure can tell you to go download alllll the games you want!
#2Converge3Posted 7/4/2013 12:40:23 AM
Might be OP but sounds fun.
#30cu_87Posted 7/4/2013 12:41:39 AM
I picked it up yesterday and was absolutely pissed about it. Nice homabe though.
#4gamester091Posted 7/4/2013 12:49:18 AM
"Yay i have 2k gold!"

*gets hit*

"Yay i have 100 gold!"

seriously...f that item...it doesnt even stop damage...
---
That's like filling your house with bears and then since the bears are a problem, filling it with tigers to fight them. -Faust_8
#5Delta123456789Posted 7/4/2013 2:04:18 AM
It's supposed to be bad and add a risk to using the statue, it is a curse after all. Most roguelikes would have much nastier things happen to you if you got unlucky when spinning the RNG wheel (e.g. in Nethack drinking from a fountain could have various good effects, or it could spawn a load of tough water demons).
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#6fisheye11Posted 7/4/2013 2:36:13 AM
Delta123456789 posted...
It's supposed to be bad and add a risk to using the statue, it is a curse after all. Most roguelikes would have much nastier things happen to you if you got unlucky when spinning the RNG wheel (e.g. in Nethack drinking from a fountain could have various good effects, or it could spawn a load of tough water demons).

this^

you take a chance when using the statue. you can't have all good things. that just wouldn't fit in with the game's theme.
---
I don't always play Dark Souls. But when I do, I play offline. Stay Hollow my friends.
#7BicassoPosted 7/4/2013 3:54:47 AM
Hodgehog's curse is one of the least punishing things, ever, in any roguelike. It's not really a huge deal, imo, and you can make money with it in 1.0.9. (and maybe 1.0.10?). It would be kinda cool if it also gave you a bonus to armor or if coins gave hit points to further the homage... but whatevs. There has to be SOME risk, otherwise you just pray 100% of the time, unless you've already prayed and have your ideal extra item.
---
teehee i bumped this!
#8AkanubonOrihPosted 7/4/2013 5:43:08 AM
Yeah, I don't think they should change it. It's supposed to be bad and in that respect, I think it does a good job of inconveniencing you without ruining that character's chances.
---
Like the "100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3" fan page on Facebook! (http://tinyurl.com/3gj2r6g)
#9EnglishLanguagPosted 7/4/2013 7:48:09 AM
It's actually good when you have gold bonuses like the Spelunker, since you drop the amount of gold, then get extra gold when picking it up. Not the best way to gold farm, but it's there.
---
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)
My name used to be spelled right, but then I took an arrow to the e.
#10Stev019Posted 7/9/2013 10:45:13 AM
I get this thing way too often. I'm looking for the Compass because I'm trying to get my last piece of gear, but I always get the stupid curse =( It really ruins the run.
---
Who cares about all the blood when there's pickled babies?